Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
98d11182706098ef0d5162e59f3d508f.jpg

d149cef6b2a963106202b9327ac2c5c4.jpg

d6672805b65d6dfb74cab0cf4a98b667.jpg

3a1d7631be46aae3259dcbc8a01e94c7.jpg

I would have preferred any of those if large enough

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That looks very close to me with the maquette design they went with

Both look great to me because it's still the 2000 design I like so much.

I would be happy with either.

I'll see it in person and go from there. That's what happened with GBG lol.

Besides, the 2002 is only a winter fest kit. It won't be readily available to the masses for a while if ever lol

Regarding those images, do you guys have either of the Sakai Dream Books? I have the first one, just some amazing pieces in there and wonderful photography of them, defniitely worth owning. On top of his 2000 maquette there are other original designs among the film suits and some of them would be really cool in a movie.

Yeah I have the one that's posted above. I'm not sure which one it is but the last picture is the cover. Lots of great, cool kits in there!

That's the 2nd edition, the first has the head of a 62 Godzilla on the cover, Sakai loves the 62, so many sculpts of it, I'd say 54, 62, and 89/91 are his favorites based on the number of sculpts he's done of them compared to other suits.

Awesome news. I'm afraid, however that it's not what my heart is waiting for.

X-Plus? More '84 or go home.

:lol

For 2000? I do like the concept version slightly better. But it's always sakai's. I want a figure off the actual original concept of 1999...nishimikawa or some is like that lol

29c967f85319d15fd058a431e5a9b870.jpg

I still think the original one is the best. Better than sakai's. The posture, the skin looks better. The size and shape of the head. The spines aren't as extreme and have a better fluidity to them.

The pic I posted is actually from the initial designer. Sakai then sculpted his from that dudes drawing. And then he physically created the initial maquette. But the design that was originally inked was by that other guy...that I can never remember his last name lol

If you look closely...you can see its not the same vision. It's got several of the same traits but the spirit is a bit different with the silhouette and the sakais

One thing Sakai works into his own designs is a lot of '54 inspiration. Look through Dream Book and at the 2000 and you can see elements influence by it by taken in a different direction. His 2000 has feet much more like the '54 where the final suit was more like Heisei feet.

Initially I would say the nimishikawa or whatnot's original drawing shares a head like that of the initial concept drawings of '54. More round and allosaurus-like.

Then the suits face was elongated a little bit. What say you MF? Do you see the same?

The pic I posted is actually from the initial designer. Sakai then sculpted his from that dudes drawing. And then he physically created the initial maquette. But the design that was originally inked was by that other guy...that I can never remember his last name lol

If you look closely...you can see its not the same vision. It's got several of the same traits but the spirit is a bit different with the silhouette and the sakais

Gotchya, now I comprehend.

Keeping up with you Godzilla geeks isn't easy. :lol

That's how I feel when I stumble into just about every other thread around here lol

Part of what I love about Godzilla is the variety of movies and suits and the stories behind the films are often very interesting too, it's like you can always discover something new and it's always fun.

Back