Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol ^^

So I guess it's going to be based off this Sakai sculpt:

0f7bc8f8c8f111f6142a754234adc087.jpg

24e2977d9aafede0a9e0d288294d00c7.jpg

But interesting thing is that he's big but he's not as big as the other 2. He'll be significantly shorter. Probably a full head shorter than GBG if not more.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The fandom loves some Sakai 2000.

It's a really nice design. Personally, even though it's only 10" tall and cheaply painted, I'm happier to have the Banpresto scultp, I like the post a lot better. I love Sakai's sculpts, but one thing he does a fair amount that I don't care for is poses like the on above where his tail is elevated in the air entirely. It's neat, but as a piece for a home collector to own, I don't like how you then need to have some sort of extra bit to support the figure upright, cuz usually those extra bits stand out and don't just come off like a scenic element. It's one reason I like the '89 of his X-Plus put out more than the '91, the difference in tails, the rest of the body looks more badass on the '91.

But interesting thing is that he's big but he's not as big as the other 2. He'll be significantly shorter. Probably a full head shorter than GBG if not more.

How do you know how big this will be?

It's a really nice design. Personally, even though it's only 10" tall and cheaply painted, I'm happier to have the Banpresto scultp, I like the post a lot better. I love Sakai's sculpts, but one thing he does a fair amount that I don't care for is poses like the on above where his tail is elevated in the air entirely. It's neat, but as a piece for a home collector to own, I don't like how you then need to have some sort of extra bit to support the figure upright, cuz usually those extra bits stand out and don't just come off like a scenic element. It's one reason I like the '89 of his X-Plus put out more than the '91, the difference in tails, the rest of the body looks more badass on the '91.

The flyer says 400mm. And people who have the kit say it is barely larger than the x-plus Space Godzilla.

I agree with you about the tail. He's also done better looking 2000 sculpts. I'll wait to see how this looks in-hand.

I also prefer the banpresto sculpt ( although it was only supervised by him I believe)

The Millenium vs the 2000 designs vary just enough for me to prefer the Millenium design....
The suit details are nice on this new gigantic one but I'm not hot on the proportions.

Sakai finds the awesome in every suit. On screen that suit often comes off a bit goofy but he turned it badass, I'd love to get that 2003.

Sakai finds the awesome in every suit. On screen that suit often comes off a bit goofy but he turned it badass, I'd love to get that 2003.
I agree totally. I don't like it on screen. But here? Woah.

The 2000 suit is the best out of the 2 IMO. So damn nice
That 2002 is perfection.

Many of us x-plus collectors aren't really that thrilled with the 2000. A surprising amount are skipping this one. He's done better sculpts I guess just not as big as the one they are using.

Back