Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trendmasters didn't do 12", 8" was their large scale. Surprisingly their villains were quite good and better than Godzilla himself for sculpts. Mecha G was definitely one of the best.

That was only 8"?! I must have just been that much smaller lol

8-10" depending, I know they seemed huge as a kid. I still have my Godzilla. I took it out one day thinking it was like at least 10" tall and it was the same size as my 8" model kits, I was like huh, remembered him being bigger lol.

They did do larger sizes for the '98 movie.

So I guess I missed out on pre-ordering the X-Plus 2014 'Zilla. Strangely, I'm not that saddened. The farther away from the movies' release we get, the less enamored I am with the new American version. I think Godzilla will always be - first and foremost - a big part of my childhood and love of 'pop culture nostalgia'. I'm loving the Hell out of my '54 and '64, so for now? I think I'm just fine. :)

(Some pics of these '91 G's I'm seeing are awfully tempting, though... :lol )

Neca 2014 was good enough for me, he looks great for the price.

I do think of him as Godzilla though, but the giant crocodile bird version. :lol

If I hit the lotto I will buy the XP version out of boredom.

Trendmasters didn't do 12", 8" was their large scale. Surprisingly their villains were quite good and better than Godzilla himself for sculpts. Mecha G was definitely one of the best.

Spacegodzilla looked amazing and so did king ghidorah.

NECA's is very authentic, couldn't as for more accurate, but X-Plus has a more expressive head which I like and the overall pose has a real presence, I'd love to get it, maybe if Diamond releases it in the states.

I will get the 12" Bandai though, sure it's not to NECA or X-Plus level, but for what it costs it's badass.

Wasn't the Trendmasters 10" Mechagodzilla almost exactly the same as the Bandai DX one other than it not having the shiny paint scheme? I remember having one that my mom got me for Christmas from JC Penney and it was a very nice figure with pretty good articulation.

So I guess I missed out on pre-ordering the X-Plus 2014 'Zilla. Strangely, I'm not that saddened. The farther away from the movies' release we get, the less enamored I am with the new American version. I think Godzilla will always be - first and foremost - a big part of my childhood and love of 'pop culture nostalgia'. I'm loving the Hell out of my '54 and '64, so for now? I think I'm just fine. :)

(Some pics of these '91 G's I'm seeing are awfully tempting, though... :lol )

One of the best vinyls of Godzilla in existence. I have him next to the two that you have sold me and he looks phenomenal with the 25cm. If you're a fan of the design I'd say get him.

In other news, I just scored a '55 Gigantis 30cm on eBay for $100. I wasn't going to get him, but for that price I couldn't say no. He looks downright silly in some angles but awesome in others. Now, the only reissue 30cm I don't have is....GMK.

I've also come to terms with the fact that I will want some of the villains or allies, but as of now, only the more prominent and colorful ones. Gigan, 70's MechaGodzilla, Titanosaurus, Anguirus. There's just too many ones that tempt me too often that I won't be able to pass up when Diamond releases them--and I'm accepting that lol.

I've also come to terms with the fact that I will want some of the villains or allies, but as of now, only the more prominent and colorful ones. Gigan, 70's MechaGodzilla, Titanosaurus, Anguirus. There's just too many ones that tempt me too often that I won't be able to pass up when Diamond releases them--and I'm accepting that lol.

Hmmm, I think someone said it was inevitable.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

son-of-godzilla-3.jpg

That Gigan is phenomenal I cannot wait for his diamond reissue.

Here's my '55 I got for cheap

b657a8392a37aadecb643472fe604a28.jpg

a026c63d0741dcbfab98cd44b515e7c6.jpg

a5e898dd2be10247492650e8b15faef0.jpg

abad62368f303aed20d4cd6233bab1c2.jpg

He's up there with '67 as the goofiest looking design but for the price I think he's actually one of X-Plus' most accurate sculpts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There are stills of the '55 that look almost as good as the '54, it's the eyes that ruin it, '67 is just beyond saving lol.

Totally agree. It looks downright fierce in some shots and almost giddy in others (kind of like '62). '67...aw man someone should have been fired for that one lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back