Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the reverse, I like his look, I don't care much for the movies.

The movies were just silly dumb fun, some pretty cool bad ass moments, not as good as GMK though.

2000 is my favorite look from the M series with GMK coming in 2nd place.

64 is my favorite look from Showa and 89 for Hesei.

Too damn good :clap

:hi5:

Great experience overall, glad I can hang something as a reminder.

I love the overall design of GMK Godzilla, my only complaint is the hump at the base of his neck where it meets the shoulders in a profile view, it doesn't have a nice flow from head to body, it looks like there was a flaw in how the suit was worn. I love collectibles that ignore this an give it a smoother flow.

I love the overall design of GMK Godzilla, my only complaint is the hump at the base of his neck where it meets the shoulders in a profile view, it doesn't have a nice flow from head to body, it looks like there was a flaw in how the suit was worn. I love collectibles that ignore this an give it a smoother flow.

I totally agree with you on this point MF.

TY MF.

I can't thank everyone in this thread who have helped me along the way enough.

I always loved Godzilla when I was a kid, but then forgot about him for a very long time.

Because it was hidden for so long I do not possess the suit and movie knowledge that long time fans do, but what awesome fun its been catching up and learning everything for the first time.

Put it this way, I never watched a Hesei movie before, just now AFTER the 2014 movie did I watch them, although I did watch the M series in 2012-2013, which was the first time I saw them as well.

Yes, my wife even asked, why Godzilla, why now. :lol

I did watch G98 in the theater, but that doesn't count. :lol

Godzilla always finds a way to keep coming around for me. I've been watching since I was 4, in the mid 90s the Trendmasters toy line really rejevated my love as I could have more fun. The 98 movie, while ultimately a let down was still one of the more exciting times in my life and the start of my internet browsing so it exposed me to a bigger world of Godzilla than I'd known and with it came the animated series which I still love and the 91-95 Hesei films finally saw US release which was exciting. College years saw the millennium films and exposure to ebay meant obtaining collectibles I could only dream of before. The 2014 movie has been an amazing ride of excitement that's still going for me, I still scour the net for anything new related to it hasn't faded for me no matter how many times I watch it.

Godzilla always finds a way to keep coming around for me. I've been watching since I was 4, in the mid 90s the Trendmasters toy line really rejevated my love as I could have more fun. The 98 movie, while ultimately a let down was still one of the more exciting times in my life and the start of my internet browsing so it exposed me to a bigger world of Godzilla than I'd known and with it came the animated series which I still love and the 91-95 Hesei films finally saw US release which was exciting. College years saw the millennium films and exposure to ebay meant obtaining collectibles I could only dream of before. The 2014 movie has been an amazing ride of excitement that's still going for me, I still scour the net for anything new related to it hasn't faded for me no matter how many times I watch it.

The gift that keeps on giving. :lol

How can anyone not enjoy Godzilla.

I can't remember a time in my life where I didn't have a Godzilla toy in my shelf. Such a great notion that he's still going strong. And the new movie creating new fans and awakening old ones, just makes it more fun.

Same with me. There's a certain timelesness for those who love the oldschool films. And the merchandise has always looked fantastic on a shelf. Not a cheap hobby but ultimately satisfying.

I have to see if my player is region free, I forgot. :lol

You can find region free bootlegs, key is to get one with the original
Japanese cut included, I got a six disc set myself, but it's all nearly VHS quality, the Japanese cut looks good but still waiting for a legit release.

I can't remember a time in my life where I didn't have a Godzilla toy in my shelf. Such a great notion that he's still going strong. And the new movie creating new fans and awakening old ones, just makes it more fun.

I still love my Imperial and Trendmasters Godzilla figure despite the quality of other figures I have now. Despite feelings about the movie I still even like my Toy Biz Zilla. I loved the Taco Bell ads in 98 and it was fun imagining what Godzilla would look like, though I'm glad the 2014 was revealed more before the movie hit theaters.

I love Godzilla so much, to this day I still have a laminated clipping of the 54 from the local paper. I remember it all clearly too, it was an ad about power line safety for kids and used Godzilla to make it fun, there was no internet or books back then so I thought it was so cool to have a picture of Godzilla, I then took it to show and tell in kindergarten and my teacher was so nice she laminated it for me so it wouldn't ruin.

I won't push it on him, but I really hope my son gets into Godzilla so it can be something we share together, he already got mesmerized watching 2014 with me so I'm hopeful, that and Stallone movies, that's what my dad and I have and it'd mean a lot to keep that going.

Back