Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
y4u4e7e6.jpg

gude5a9a.jpg

I dont know what it is about the Showa suits that just seems so magical but they make me think of the golden age of Kaiju/giant monster movies.

I think a lot of it comes from the way they were made. Prior to '84 there was one suit hand built from head to toe and this led to a lot of variety over the Showa era. From '84 on, they used molding to create multiple suits from a sculpt and while there was some variation in the Heisei era, it was nowhere near the differences of the Showa.

I feel like the creativity in creature design was stronger during the Showa era and everything from '84 on just got more and more boring overall with a few occasional gems.

I dont know what it is about the Showa suits that just seems so magical but they make me think of the golden age of Kaiju/giant monster movies.

Dude, that's because that was the golden age of Kaiju/giant monster movies. :lol

(And you're welcome!)

I'd love a 30cm '67 just so I can have something to display next to Minya and Kumonga. Not my favorite suit by a long shot and it wouldn't be an easy purchase unless I had those other figures, but... I do, so... :D

Back