Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jumping into the Goooo zilla market.
Trying to think if I want an X-plus or a Monsterarts.

The X-plus look amazing but I guess they are limited in terms of articulation. The Monsterarts are like a figarts figure yes? Kind of small but articulated?

I'm jumping into the Goooo zilla market.
Trying to think if I want an X-plus or a Monsterarts.

The X-plus look amazing but I guess they are limited in terms of articulation. The Monsterarts are like a figarts figure yes? Kind of small but articulated?

I love the monsterarts series... But in all honesty I only collect them for my kids... They look great but still have that "toy" apperence. I have never seen an X-plus in person but they look fantastic. I just ordered my first of what will probably be many.

It all depends on what you like.

I think it all depends on pose too, if the legs are sculpted on a figure or whatever to just be almost straight up and down like an elephant, it might be weird, but with a walking pose or a sort of spread stance, might look better. I do wonder how much range of motion they'll have in the movie.

I highly doubt the camera is gonna be focused on his ankles anyway, for the most part they'll be covered by water/dust/socks.

Socks. Haha!

His tiny feet don't look so bad in this pic>>>

_tempIMG_20130720_164136_576_zpsb56f0300.jpg

Regardless, I'm not too awful concerned about the feet as long as the movie is good and he's a complete and utter bad4ass. :D

Hippos and Elephants are animals :)

I think most people just have an instinctive gut reaction, that Godzilla's legs and feet should look more T-Rex.. and less Hippo

Personally, I always felt the old school, Toho Godzilla looked a bit podgy, with a whiff of cellulite going on.. It's a shame the '98 reboot was a disappointment.. because imho, the monster was awesome.. but still can't quite bring myself to pay £250 for the admittedly, gigantic Trendmasters Ultimate Godzilla figure on the secondary market.. and no-one in the UK seems to stock the large X-Plus MechaGodzilla (Kiryu) 2003, which is the other figure I'm hunting for the collection.

Yes, hippos and elephants are animals but Godzilla should look more like a predatory animal and less like a plant eating chub. The face is starting to bother me more as well. When this is all said and done I think GMK Godzilla will probably still be my favorite big G design.

He looks kinda like one of those armadillo thingys, that endless neck to head combo doesn't help with his pudgy look.

He looks kinda like one of those armadillo thingys, that endless neck to head combo doesn't help with his pudgy look.

You said it. I'm not a fan of his legs and his endless neck to head. It just kills it for me.

That sh looks amazing but I can't stomach that price for that scale

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but that is the ugliest Godzilla design I've seen. There isn't anything about the anatomy that I find remotely appealing. I wonder how they came up with the look.

Back