Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This meltdown version?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...7&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=1#ht_500wt_956

I'd like on supersized, nice Godzilla in my collection. The tallest Godzilla I have is 11", I'd like something closer to 18", maybe taller than that.

Yeah, that's the one. I made the decision to go with the black one and I'm happy with the choice I made.

I'd suggest this one. I know you're a fan of 54 Godzilla and his tails in a curled up position so he doesn't take up as much room as the Super Premium but he is 18" tall. I believe he was sculpted by Sakai as well. The paint apps aren't all they could be, but I've seen it in person and I really liked it a lot.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Godzilla-1954-Megahouse-Art-Works-Monsters-Figure-NM_W0QQitemZ250609676444QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a5980309c

Thanks for the link, tempting, but a little too off for me, reminds me a bit of the X-Plus USA statue of the '54.

Not sure when that was made, but it looks like a '62 Godzilla that Gondo had in his office in Biollante.

Not sure when that was made, but it looks like a '62 Godzilla that Gondo had in his office in Biollante.

i believe that was made in 2007

!Bclt+FQ!2k~$(KGrHqYOKjgEq5WLHhn5BK1J1cl2vQ~~_3.JPG

!BcluMSwBWk~$(KGrHqYOKkIEq4umLUERBK1J2KIU3Q~~_3.JPG

im pretty sure you can still find godzilla stuff in conventions or at comicon.

2. Godzilla Raids Again (1955)

61700vOKQ1L._SS500_.jpg

I finished this today. I loved that we saw more Godzilla in this one, but I liked the bulky Godzilla suit from the first movie. Also nice to see another monster and the first Godzilla vs. type of movie as well.

Another thing I loved about Godzilla movies is the use of miniatures. There were quite a few in this one. I'm not talking just about buildings. I also mean planes, tanks, cars, etc. Nobody built them like the Japanese did.

The only slightly distracting thing in this movie was the fact that the fight scenes were sped up, so they had a comical look to them.

The thing I liked about finally seeing Godzilla Raids again was understanding how King Kong vs. Godzilla went from Godzilla dead in the '54 film to being frozen in an iceberg.

It's not a bad film, but I'd say it's probably the slowest Godzilla movie

The thing I liked about finally seeing Godzilla Raids again was understanding how King Kong vs. Godzilla went from Godzilla dead in the '54 film to being frozen in an iceberg.

It's not a bad film, but I'd say it's probably the slowest Godzilla movie

This was supposed to be a different Godzilla than the one in the first movie, right? Or did I miss something?

I'm looking forward to watching King Kong vs. Godzilla. I got a DVD off eBay of the original Japanese version.

Yes, the explanation is that Godzilla and Anguirus are the same species, so a total of 3 from the species, the '54 Godzilla and the 2 monsters in Godzilla Raids Again, which is how Godzilla is alive for the future films, though Godzilla '84 takes the stance that he didn't actually die in '54, which is a bit odd.

Yes, the explanation is that Godzilla and Anguirus are the same species, so a total of 3 from the species, the '54 Godzilla and the 2 monsters in Godzilla Raids Again, which is how Godzilla is alive for the future films, though Godzilla '84 takes the stance that he didn't actually die in '54, which is a bit odd.

Interesting.

I know I've only watched two, but I'm having fun going through this series.

And thanks for the clarification, Sean! :duff

Has there ever been an official US release of Return of Godzilla (or the US version 85) to DVD? Wikipedia says no. That seems crazy...

Has there ever been an official US release of Return of Godzilla (or the US version 85) to DVD? Wikipedia says no. That seems crazy...

Nope, there also has been no U.S. DVD release of Godzilla vs. Biollante or Godzilla vs. Megalon.

I found a Region 3 release for Biollante and a Region 4 release for Megalon on eBay that I'll buy when the time comes. I'm so glad to have a region free DVD player for times like these.

Particularly the '84 film, I don't understand the lack of official release, unless there's some issue of rights to it. New Line put it out, but I don't think they exist anymore.

Particularly the '84 film, I don't understand the lack of official release, unless there's some issue of rights to it. New Line put it out, but I don't think they exist anymore.

I'd forgotten all about New World Pictures. According to Wikipedia, it looks like Anchor Bay would be able to do something with it.

Current rights to New World Pictures/Entertainment/Television library
1971-1983 films
TV - Trifecta Entertainment & Media
Video - New Horizons Home Video and Shout! Factory

1984-1991 films
TV - Warner Bros. Television and Lakeshore Entertainment
Video - Anchor Bay Entertainment

That's the sucky thing with Godzilla DVDs in the U.S., I would imagine that the rights to release from back in the day apply to today, so Toho couldn't just allow anyone to turn out DVDs of the series. Sony put out some of them, Universal had rights to King Kong vs Godzilla, Classic Media has put out more of them. I'd love to see a definitive box set for the U.S. One thing I dislike about the Sony releases in the 2000s is that they offered up the original, full length versions, which meant redubbing them and the voices they used on some of them are just terrible, especially when you spend almost 20 years getting used to the original dubbed voices.

Back