Godaiking Terminator bust mounted to my mannequin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCableGuy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Guys this is just in the test phase as I have a lot of parts in transit yet like the chest plate and Endo arm , but I put it together for now to see what it looks like before adding fill .

It's a shame I have to weather and tear off half the left arm and put holes in this jacket as its a pretty nice jacket !
I am going to cut two mdf circles and fiberglass them to the arms where they attach to the mannequin and have a bolt going into threads on the mannequin arm attachment area so I can make the arms more Posable plus give the shoulders a 3" more wider girth.
I'm not happy with the stance as the mannequin is kinda leaning back , so I figure I'll cut his ab area and re fiberglass them to straighten him out .
Also have to shorten his legs two inches each as they claimed he was 6'2" but he's more like 6'4" . I also am doing the battle damaged knee at some point . Very disappointed I can't get the airsoft M79 grenade launcher in Canada as there sold out everywhere , and you can't get them across the border :(

Here's a couple of pics . Btw thanks Joe , you did a great job . The bust is just eerie looking lol .

Rather than damage up that jacket, maybe try to find a rougher/cheaper one. That way you can keep the clean one...well clean.

Rather than damage up that jacket, maybe try to find a rougher/cheaper one. That way you can keep the clean one...well clean.

I was tempted to buy a normal Arnold bust from Godaiking as it looks cool enough already . But I already payed for the chest plate amd Endo arm so I guess it's a go .

Looking good. It is an awesome bust. Yea you can get cheap, very close looking jackets on ebay if you didnt want to damage that one. A good way of weathering it and beating it up is sanding it down, all round the cuffs and seams... I think I used a drill for the bullet holes. Dremel is your friend on this one ;)

Are you able to get flare launchers up there? I seem to remember some M79 style 37mm flare launchers some guys using to get the desired effect also, though those are higher cost than airsoft.

Are you able to get flare launchers up there? I seem to remember some M79 style 37mm flare launchers some guys using to get the desired effect also, though those are higher cost than airsoft.

Interesting as I've never heard of them before . It's been a real learning experiance getting into this hobby as I found out just how backwards living north of of you guys can be . If all else fails I will have to quit worrying about screen accuracy . I wasn't that concerned before but as things progress I have considered it within reason .
As I mentioned this is merely a test fit to see how the mannequin would look like before fill . I'm quite impressed as I thought Arny would look more anorexic then he does .
A co worker came to see it today and when it caught the corner of his eye as he entered the room his heart missed a beat lol . Ths is going to be well worth it

Will a smaller jacket fit? I think that may be most of the problem.

Ya the jacket is a double X which is what Arnold wears . I think that a smaller one would in fact help though . Part of it could also be an illusion because half his head is blown off?

The jacket fits me fine , other than the fact that I have short arms , but otherwise it's good . Maybe I should order a one X for the statue . Tempting

If you can return without losing money might as well.

I think it's past that point . I'm probably going to tough it out and use it as it is , as it doesn't look that bad in person for some reason . I used a nikon D800 with a 24mm-70 lens and stood back in order not to create any wide angle lens distortion . I will try my mirrorless and post some new pictures out of curiosity

I have a couple Terminator lifesize figures. You really need to mess with the mannequins to get them to look right. Bulking up the chest may make it look better because it will pull the jacket away from the sides. The shoulders on that mannequin do look rather wide regardless. The one I used for my Tech Noir had to be hacked to pieces to get it to look right. You can't just throw the clothes on and expect stellar results. Even mannequin dressers tuck and pin and have all sorts of tricks to make the clothes look good. I hope to be posting some new pictures of my police shootout and Tech Noir soon.

I have a couple Terminator lifesize figures. You really need to mess with the mannequins to get them to look right. Bulking up the chest may make it look better because it will pull the jacket away from the sides. The shoulders on that mannequin do look rather wide regardless. The one I used for my Tech Noir had to be hacked to pieces to get it to look right. You can't just throw the clothes on and expect stellar results. Even mannequin dressers tuck and pin and have all sorts of tricks to make the clothes look good. I hope to be posting some new pictures of my police shootout and Tech Noir soon.

I agree , as I mentioned this is pretty much a test . The mannequin has a stupid stance, he's leaning backwards so I'm going to cut a section of the abs out and tilt him forward a bit and reglass him inside . Legs are to long and must be chopped two inches :(
Then I have to modify the arms so they are posable , maybe put bolts threw so they can be turned and locked into place . I have to attach the damaged Endo arm to the left arm , and a posable hand to hold the gun with the right hand etc .

I wish there was a way to spray foam on the arms and sculpt the foam to build them up but I'm going to use bubble wrap ,plastic shipping wrap and gorilla tape

Foam padding, bubble wrap and duct tape was pretty much all I used. It just takes a lot of time and patience.

Its weird that the XXL jacket makes the head so small. My busts are definitely not undersized. What vendor did you use for the jacket? Here's my T1 statue with my Sideshow XXL Terminator 25th anniversary Jacket on my statue:

2013 promo.jpg

Ebay promo.jpg

You can see that it looks close to perfect with that size jacket. Perhaps the mannequin you are using is too big? Also, Arnold didn't have his jacket zipped up in T2.

I plan on making my own T2 stage 5 BD statue soon so let me know what vendor you use for the jacket.

Back