Media God of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7e37fa0a5124c1497019e97ec36ee8ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Biker beard with an old man Arnold body :lol.

Love the clothes though, and the scar on his torso (from where he impaled himself in GOW 3) is a nice touch.

Nah, I liked his goatee in the GOW trilogy. It's like, between all that brutal killing and revenge, he still took the time to groom and comb his facial hair to perfection. Probably figured he needed to keep-up his looks in case a random prostitute or a nude lesbian deities wanted to fornicate. Now that he's got a kid to look after, he's in dad mode, and really let himself go. Well, either that, or there are no hot women to do in the land of Odin.

Nah, I liked his goatee in the GOW trilogy. It's like, between all that brutal killing and revenge, he still took the time to groom and comb his facial hair to perfection. Probably figured he needed to keep-up his looks in case a random prostitute or a nude lesbian deities wanted to fornicate. Now that he's got a kid to look after, he's in dad mode, and really let himself go. Well, either that, or there are no hot women to do in the land of Odin.

You'd be surprised at the amount of ladies that LOVE a man with an epic beard.

Will he be a ladies man this time around though? He's old.

Lol I do like his more ripped, athletic look in the previous games. His younger and more chiseled face. But I do like his new look too. I'd get a figure out of him.

:lol :lol :lol

Beards always make everyone look badass to me, unless they're wearing glasses colorful clothes and hang out at Starbucks :lol

I like this Max Payne 3-esque Kratos.

You'd be surprised at the amount of ladies that LOVE a man with an epic beard.

Will he be a ladies man this time around though? He's old.

I doubt he will. According to the creative director, his son will be with him the entire game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has to be a good amount to of years after God of War 3 then I would surmise since gods age so slow

i like his thick, less defined look.

if you look at actual strongmen, they are similar. Thick, not a chiseled model.

yah yah it's fantasy but "grounded" fantasy is all the rage.

But strongman aren't demigods those rules don't apply. If you look at athletes who are strong but also quick fast and agile they are more chiseled. And Kratos is all of that. Yeah he lifts a ton but he moves like spiderman at times too.

I think the build is appropriate considering he's supposed to be older now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fine with it. I just wonder how much older he is.

His son looks like around 10, so minimum of that. How old is Kratos at the end of III though?

According to the History Channel (I checked :lol), Spartan men weren't permitted to marry until age 30. Also, according to the God of War Wikia:

Calliope would have been an adult when Kratos started his revenge on the Olympians. Since Calliope was approximately 8 when she died, she was killed six months before Kratos started serving the gods, plus 10 years of servitude to Zeus and the gods of Olympus and 12.6 years of Kratos being the God of War. That means Calliope is (chronologically) 31 by the end of God of War III.

I guess that makes Kratos approximately 61 at the end of GOW III (assuming that his wife became pregnant with Calliope on the first year of their marriage). However, since he was a god for 12 years, it would've slowed down or completely stopped his aging for that time, so that's why he looks a bit younger at the end of GOW III.

Well, he's naturally a demigod anyway. His aging is exactly why I asked what I did. His mother is a mortal woman and he was an adult when she died in ghost of sparta. So, it would seem that he would be almost unthinkable old by the time the Norse world flourishes. His son, as part-god as well, can also be older than he looks.

Now, much like it was rationalized that Kratos didn't get his godly strength until his encounter with Ares, maybe the same could be said with his age. To fill in the plot holes, fans theorized that Kratos needed his brush in with an Olympian to untap his abilities. Maybe he aged like a normal person until that time.

I also had no idea that he was a god for 12 years. 12.6 seems like an oddly specific time lol. But that is intersting. So, he sat on Ares throne for that long? And obviously ghost of Sparta took place during then as well. And God of war 3 could even be included since the events of that game felt like it was in a few days max.

Since he would be too old if he aged like a human by the time of this new game, I would think that something like fifty years or something would at least have to go by to canonically justify how much older he looks now.

If they even care lol

Since this thread I've gone back and replayed Ascension and I think it's one of the best in the series from a game play and combat perspective. His upgraded powers and abilities are also way more refreshing. It's also a beautiful looking game.

giphy.gif

Ascension's combat is the absolute worst in the series. Rage being required to do modest damage is one of the worst design choices in any game I've seen - Kratos symbolizes RAGE! Powers and abilities are bland, generic 'elemental' stuff. Can't argue about the visuals though.

also I don't think Kratos was a god for that long....he served under them for 10 years, yeah. But being the God of War that long, I dunno. Do we really think Zeus would have let him cause that much destruction as a God? :lol

I disagree. I like how you can choose swords and shields and throw them as well. The way you can pull enemies to you with the blades for close-combat. I enjoyed that the lightning, water, hades and fire abilities had different special moves. The ekwmtal abilities were the ones that were bland in the previous god of war games they were all the same but In Ascension Kratos can use a clone of himself as a tool and as a weapon, he can build or decay things, etc. Those were more unique than anything in the series power-up wise.

I guess he his combos could have been more devastating but I just though it was designed that way since so many gamers complained GoW was so easy.

The boss battles were fun though. On par with the best of the series with the choreography of the QTE.

Back