Gift Vouchers which can be used to purchase New and Pre-Order Items

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know SS already provides gift vouchers for in-stock items but have they ever considered selling gift vouchers which could be used to purchase new and pre-order items? Does this already exist?

Say your wife doesn't know what to buy you and you suggest well buy me a $200 gift voucher from SS and I can use that against my next pre-order.

I like that. Would be nice as you said to tell loved ones that you'd like a gift certificate to SS. I would be asking for one no doubt.

Sideshow doesnt charge when you pre order, NRD aside, so where would that money go? What if you cancel, do you get your voucher back? Or what if the item is delayed for a year, do you want Sideshow holding onto your $200 for that long? Would you have to commit to the order, no cancel option?

Seems like it would be a pain in the ass for Sideshow and for you.

The money would come off the top kind of like when you use RP. So a $250 lotr statue and say $150 gc all of a sudden becomes $100. If you had to cancel that item I would imagine you could transfer it to something else you have on order or placed in your digital wallet. I don't mind them holding on to it a year, because sometimes it just takes that long for something to come out.

I'm sure it's a pain and I can understand why it hasn't happened.

Sideshow already allows you to use gift vouchers on pre-orders. Just not gift cards. Nor do they sell the gift vouchers. They only give them out as gifts to special people.

But Sideshow really needs to get on with it and offer gift certificates. Treat them like rewards points and problem solved. If you want to cancel, you lose your money. Choose wisely. :duh

I agree with Buttmunch (except for losing your money if you cancel!:duh). Haven't we been begging Sideshow to do this for years?

As far a Sideshow "holding" the money for you, that money is already committed to Sideshow anyway, because it would be a Sideshow GC or voucher that was bought and paid for through them. So it would sit in your account no matter what.

All my friends and family badger me around the holidays and my birthday about what they can get me. I feel bad for them getting me a $200+ figure, but I would be more than happy to accept some GC for maybe $50-$100 (much more reasonable for them) that could go towards a $250+ figure. Instead, their money ends up going to clothes or books, etc., NOT Sideshow's pockets. See how much money they're LOSING out on?

Sideshow already allows you to use gift vouchers on pre-orders. Just not gift cards. Nor do they sell the gift vouchers. They only give them out as gifts to special people.

But Sideshow really needs to get on with it and offer gift certificates. Treat them like rewards points and problem solved. If you want to cancel, you lose your money. Choose wisely. :duh

Interesting. Maybe there is a legal reason why they don't offer them to the general public to purchase.

Back