GI JOE SNEAK!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else like the '89 Snake Eyes? Of course I prefer that version for nostalgia reasons, as that's the one I owned as a child.

Anyone else like the '89 Snake Eyes? Of course I prefer that version for nostalgia reasons, as that's the one I owned as a child.

I like it. It was actually the last vintage GI Joe figure I ever bought new in a store. I had already sold all my figures in a garage sale a few years before and bought the '89 one for nostalgia (can you believe it!) when I was in high school. I still like '85 the best.

This what we got. Sorry if this was posted before. I didn't see it in the thread.

wizarduniverse_2005_575103012

It isn't really a version 1, 2, or 3. Closest to the Bradstreet.

Looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for him!!!!

It does look like the Bradstreet art from the cover of G.I. Joe Reborn...looks good in my opinion though I wouldn't mind seeing something directly taken from the 1985 version. However, I think the goal of this line is to merge the character designs with a realistic flair......NOT G.I. Joe Movie flair...but basically something us fans would like to see.

Looks like the sword's hilt is a similar design to Museum Replica's Snake-Eyes sword.

Maybe he comes with all the parts to do that version and V2? Or maybe even V1 and V2? He appears to have a wetsuit-looking shirt so it's conceivable that he has a full body suit and if that's the case the rest of the accessories look like you could do a V2 pretty easily.

Maybe he comes with all the parts to do that version and V2? Or maybe even V1 and V2? He appears to have a wetsuit-looking shirt so it's conceivable that he has a full body suit and if that's the case the rest of the accessories look like you could do a V2 pretty easily.

Good point...it is possible he can have a removeable visor and you can exchange that the googles that the Version 1 SE had.

Essentially the figure is a v1 'Commando' style body with a v2 'knight visor' head...a perfect compliment since Snake-Eyes' visor is iconic.

I know it's the common view to see the V1 Snake Eyes as wearing black commando BDUs and the V2 to be wearing a black bodysuit (maybe a wetsuit) but looking at the actual figures, they're really not that different.

If anything V1 almost looks more like he's wearing a bodysuit than V2.

snakeeyesv1.jpg
snakeeyesv2.jpg

Oh great! Another line I'm going to have to collect ;) As long as these are based on the comic/cartoon characters I'm game. I was hoping they'd be movie-centric b/c they'd be a no in that case and I could save a few bucks. It's a great time to be a collector.

Looks good, I kinda think theres too many pouches and pockets tho. I think nobody else agrees with me tho lol

Back