Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I'm sick of Bill's B.S. if you don't have anything to say, STFU!!!
I'm very skeptical when it comes to re-vamps/re-makes/20y.o. sequels... but this is the GB!!!
I want more GB!!! :rock!!!

:lol

That's exactly why Bill is annoyed though. He don't want another piss poor movie just for the sake of seeing one get done.

ghosbusters 2 wasnt piss poor at all. in fact i liked it better then the original, i dont see why its looked down upon by the filmmakers. viggo was awsome!

Just let it go... 1 great film and a decent sequel; no need to dredge it up and end on a terrible note.

I was just on GBfans and wondering how long it'd take for the news to reach here.

I'm all for it but not w/o Murray.

Clearly he's correct, regardless of if the script turned out to be good, its just an oppurtunity to build a new team that can make future movies without the original guys so the studio can continue to profit from the franchise. Pairing them with the likes of Venkman once is supposed to help legitimize them to us. I'm uninterested in a 4th or 5th movie w/o them but I suspect that this one will suffer just as much from trying to balance a cast of about 9 main characters. Original and new team plus Dana and Louis Tulley returning and Oscar being Venkman's son seems like its already too much and we haven't even added a ghost to the equation yet.

Last edited:
I saw Murray on David Letterman a couple weeks ago, and was trying to envision him in a newer GB movie. I couldn't do it, honestly, without it seeming pointless and kind of sad (not for Murray, but for the film/franchise). The original is an all-time great film. That's all I really care about. I agree with Deckard that if it gets done, it will be purely for financial purposes. Not that the previous films didn't have that in mind, but particularly with the original, there was loads of creativity, humor, and freshness behind it, not just the prospect of dollar signs. I think newer films can best replicate successes like Ghostbusters by being innovative and different. Not be being pale copies of previous films, TV shows, etc.

I saw Murray on David Letterman a couple weeks ago, and was trying to envision him in a newer GB movie. I couldn't do it, honestly, without it seeming pointless and kind of sad (not for Murray, but for the film/franchise). The original is an all-time great film. That's all I really care about. I agree with Deckard that if it gets done, it will be purely for financial purposes. Not that the previous films didn't have that in mind, but particularly with the original, there was loads of creativity, humor, and freshness behind it, not just the prospect of dollar signs. I think newer films can best replicate successes like Ghostbusters by being innovative and different. Not be being pale copies of previous films, TV shows, etc.

I would love to see the Ghostbusters take on Universal's Classic Monsters! :lol NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!:lol:rotfl

Within the last couple of weeks Aykroyd has gone on record saying they are going to try to shoot in the spring and Murray has gone on record saying it's not gonna happen. :dunno

Within the last couple of weeks Aykroyd has gone on record saying they are going to try to shoot in the spring and Murray has gone on record saying it's not gonna happen. :dunno

There are 2 very distinct possibilities.

One is that Murray is just messing with fans, I'm sure he's been getting asked from the day they finsihed filming GB2 back in 1988 when they were going to do a 3rd. Thats like 22 years of "When are you gonna clean your room?" Theres a Letterman interview after GB1 when Dave basically suggests Bill Murray is who he is because of Ghostbusters. There is some truth to that and Bill Murray knows it, but he also knows that this is clearly becoming more about building a new team future then us saying goodbye to the guys we grew up with one last time. He sees how things like Die Hard and Indy 4 turn out and you can't blame him at all for not wanting that. The scrpits are done at this point and its very possible they suck, and that Murray was optimisitc up until reading it and changed his tune.

I personally am in the camp who thinks they should just do an animated movie with the four original busters taking place in 1991 or 93 or something and scrap this new age comics to replace them bs. Peter Venkman is not only an Icon but still alive and we can't wait to see who'll take his place for future generations? Can't imagine why Bill isn't interested...

...he also knows that this is clearly becoming more about building a new team...

You hit that nail on the head. The exact quote (from July - I was definitely off on "the last couple of weeks" but I believe the Aykroyd interviews are more recent):

"Kind of related to that ... 'Ghostbusters 3'? Is there a timeline on that?
No, it's ridiculous. That's an absolutely, that's just a horrible rumor. It's like illegitimate children in Antarctica, it's ridiculous ... Mind you, we only made two, and the first one was still the better one, so another one wouldn't seem to be any better. The studio wants to make it because they can recreate the franchise and put new Ghostbusters in it. That's what it's about. It's about remaking."

And furthermore (also form July):

"It's all a bunch of crock. It's a crock. There was a story - and I gotta be careful here, I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. When I hurt someone's feelings, I really want to hurt them. [laughs] Harold Ramis said, Oh, I've got these guys, they write on The Office, and they're really funny. They're going to write the next Ghostbusters. And they had just written this movie that he had directed."

That'll be Year One, then.

"Year One. Well, I never went to see Year One, but people who did, including other Ghostbusters, said it was one of the worst things they had ever seen in their lives. So that dream just vaporized. That was gone. But it's the studio that really wants this thing. It's a franchise. It's a franchise, and they made a whole lot of money on Ghostbusters."

The sad truth is the Ghostbusters haven't aged well, at all. Ramis has put on a lot of weight and Murray... just looks aweful. Can't say for Hudson and Akroyd, last I checked, was about the same.

As terrible as Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was at least Ford still looked like his old self. I'd prefer to remember the Ghostbusters in their glory days rather than see them fumbling around with CGI ghosts in a vein attempt to recapture the '80s cinema market.

Well...
Murray sure knows how to tease people...
:lol

https://screenrant.com/bill-murray-...+TV+and+Movie+News)&utm_content=Google+Reader

Bill Murray Is A Ghostbuster at the Scream Awards

Is Bill Murray getting ready to fire up his Proton Pack for Ghostbusters 3? He appeared in character as Peter Venkman at the 2010 Spike TV Scream Awards.

In recent years Bill Murray’s attraction to joining Ghostbusters 3 has been like the lyrics to a Katy Perry song:

“‘Cause you’re hot then you’re cold
You’re yes then you’re no
You’re in then you’re out”

Well, it now looks like things may be looking up and that Murray might just be warming to the idea of returning to his role of Ghostbuster Peter Venkman. The comic legend turned up to the 2010 Spike Scream Awards in full Ghostbusters costume.

So will the picky star commit to a new Ghostbusters adventure?

Murray was at the awards show to accept the award for the best horror movie – Zombieland, a film in which he cameos. His appearance in a Ghostbuster costume will no doubt give fans hope that he is willing to reprise his role of Peter Venkman in the proposed Ghostbusters 3. The last time we heard about Ghostbusters, the latest draft of the screenplay had been sent out to Murray, and maybe, just maybe, he found the script appealing. Murray has been seen as the main stumbling block between Ghostbusters 3 and the big screen, and everytime he seems interested, he comes back and says that he’s not.

article-0-0BA5A5F0000005DC-817_468x559.jpg

murray_return.jpg

EDIT:
More pics!

ecto80 said:

Last edited:
geez he's old. and it looks like Sarah Silverman wants to bang him and that he wants to bang the model.

Back