Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Murray's still interested. He recently said they are trying again with the script on Letterman. Looks like the studio is not moving forward without him and he's not moving forward without a script he's confident in (as it should be). Last year Aykroyd was saying they were shooting this year with or without Murray, presumably based on the script they had.

I don't care what they do but I'm glad that at least one of them has the balls to say "if the script stinks, I'm not doing it." If they find a way to do it anyway, that's fine, but I'd rather have a good/great movie or nothing if the old team is reuniting for it.

Actually according to Murray the script for GB2 was originally quite differant, but after they started filming, the studio came in and made alot of changes, mainly that the movie would now revolve around Venkman rather then the whole team, and they added a ton more special effects shots. He's always said he loves the first half of Ghostbusters more then any other movie, and theres not a whole lotta busting going on that first half so much as just the guys carrying it with their personalities and funny writing.

Actually according to Murray the script for GB2 was originally quite differant, but after they started filming, the studio came in and made alot of changes, mainly that the movie would now revolve around Venkman rather then the whole team, and they added a ton more special effects shots. He's always said he loves the first half of Ghostbusters more then any other movie, and theres not a whole lotta busting going on that first half so much as just the guys carrying it with their personalities and funny writing.

I agree that the least technical shots of GB is probably some of the best stuff ever shot on film, but IMO I think the effects provides the appropriate payoff that you'd expect. The gold is that they marry the nontechnical aspects with the effects perfectly.

For example, imagine the library scene without a quality ghost. The "get her" scene would feel a little empty. As it is, its perfect.

That said, the simple scenes like the guys walking up the stairs and Peter says, "tell me when we hit the 20s, I'm gonna throw up" or "where do these stairs go?"..."they go up" is easily some of the funniest scenes. But I think so much of it relies on the context that the ghost effects are legit. If they looked hokey or were simply shadows on the walls or cheap shots the film would have failed, IMO.

That said, I think GB2 did have a bad script and weak premis, but I think the banter and stuff was pretty weak and that can be laid on the actors as well as the writers for not ad libing better like they did for GB1.

For GB3 to be good I think all the actors involved need to up their games from a comedy aspect. IMO they've been away from SNL and what made them great too long.

An injection of new blood like an Aziz Ansari or someone would really help. The old guys can't do it alone, IMO. As much as I like their characters, I think they should ax Ernie, Rick, Annie and maybe even Sigourny too.

Replace them with fresh comedy talent, but not hacks. Pull proven winners who are already past SNL. Amy Poehler, etc. Basically the whole Parks and Rec cast. :lol

Last edited:
They should just reboot it and start a new.

It would depend on how this was done on whether it will work. I don't want to see just another Ghostbusters movie with the old cast. I don't think that will work at all. It's also gonna depend on who they pick to succeed them as well.

Fassbender will play Egon, Ray, and Venkman (with various hairstyle differences of course :wink1: ) and RDJ is taking over for Winston.

No script, just ad libbing through the scenes. Total Blockbuster!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Last edited:
Murray knows that this movie gonna suck and I fully share his... opinion.

They should just made something based on "Extreme Ghostbusters" with only one oldfart remain :dunno

I've had no hope for this movie and now that Murray is out I think it's really gonna suck. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

the sequel was barely decent
I thought it sucked, that's why this third one is okay for me, because they already screwed up ghostbusters as much as they could,
nothing will be as bad as the second one

Back