Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Bill Murray. Decent guy. But Ghostbusters doesn't just revolve about him. The rest of the cast seems to want to return. In real life people move on from jobs...hence why they should've had plans to write off Murray's Venkman character a long time ago.

Murray has to understand that he is a replaceable asset in the Ghostbusters franchise. If he doesn't want to do it, more power to him. He should've just said it instead of stringing fans and colleagues along that his return might happen. Replace him with a fresh character that'll balance out the rest of the cast.

Personally, I don't like the whole passing the torch idea to younger cast member like an A___on Kutcher. I'd assume a main role be given to a veteran like a Steve Martin, Jim Belushi, Tim Allen, etc. Best case scenario is maybe reboot the franchise with a new cast with appearances from the original cast. It might be the only way to revive this dorment franchise.

I like Bill Murray. Decent guy. But Ghostbusters doesn't just revolve about him. The rest of the cast seems to want to return. In real life people move on from jobs...hence why they should've had plans to write off Murray's Venkman character a long time ago.

Murray has to understand that he is a replaceable asset in the Ghostbusters franchise. If he doesn't want to do it, more power to him. He should've just said it instead of stringing fans and colleagues along that his return might happen. Replace him with a fresh character that'll balance out the rest of the cast.

Remove every scene Bill Murray is in in GB1 and 2 and you have nothing. Ghostbusters does revolve around him thats why he's the one with the most screen time, the love interest, he's the "face" of the Ghostbusters, the 3rd movie's plot is supposed to be about him, Dana, and Oscar, its why Sigourney was going to return. He's the most popular, the official Ghostbuster halloween Costume reads "Venkman" theres no Stantz or Zeddamore costumes at Halloween Adventure. You people are greedy and crazy if you just want another because it's going to look neat with today's CGI. :gah:

Thats literally exactly what everyone who worked on GB2 admits was the problem, too much focus on the effects, not enough on the comedy.

Well just like Murray said in the past, the video game that came out a few years ago was essentially the 3rd film. It was a good story and plays perfectly well with the canon of the films. I think that was enough for him. I'd say we were lucky to get that much out of them AND get a decent quality game based on a movie franchise. I love that game.

The story for the game is far more perfect then anything Aykroyd will ever be able to put on screen. The return connection to the first movie with Gozer's return and how it all plays into the bigger idea of Shandor from the original is great, not to mention Peck in charge of PCOC and Murray's brother as the mayor.

There going to top that by having to explain why the most wanted character is gone and handing over the proton packs to Anna Farris, Alyssa Milano, and Jonah Hill? Those are names Aykroyd himself suggested, who in their right mind wants that?

The story for the game is far more perfect then anything Aykroyd will ever be able to put on screen. The return connection to the first movie with Gozer's return and how it all plays into the bigger idea of Shandor from the original is great, not to mention Peck in charge of PCOC and Murray's brother as the mayor.

There going to top that by having to explain why the most wanted character is gone and handing over the proton packs to Anna Farris, Alyssa Milano, and Jonah Hill? Those are names Aykroyd himself suggested, who in their right mind wants that?

Exactly. And I think Milano just came up cause she was the love interest in the game anyways.

I always thought as an interesting story would be that the Ghostbusters had grown into a huge worldwide corporation with Ghostbusting franchises all over and acting CEO was Venkman who you rarely see because he's handling the business.

Last edited:
God....Anna Faris I can't wait for her to go away. I'm sure the film would be stellar with her over the top reactions to everything, the trademark confused face with her mouth open and making mixed up remarks about not understanding how the Proton Packs work. That sounds like a winning combination.

It could be worse, Adam Sandler and his crew could get a hold of it and run their usual tired gags only with ghosts.

Well just like Murray said in the past, the video game that came out a few years ago was essentially the 3rd film. It was a good story and plays perfectly well with the canon of the films. I think that was enough for him. I'd say we were lucky to get that much out of them AND get a decent quality game based on a movie franchise. I love that game.

but if they made such a great story with the game, why cant they do the same for a new movie?

but if they made such a great story with the game, why cant they do the same for a new movie?

Well for starters no one has really sucessfully adapted a game to film. You can argue that Resident Evil makes money but that franchise is hot garbage driven by Milla's fanboy wank club. But in this case certain things that work brillaintly would not translate. The return of Mr. Stay Puft for example was awesome because we got to fight him ourselves as the Rookie. We took him on with our own hands. In a movie it's just something that's been done and won't work again watching the same people do the same thing.

The game was also set in the 90's, soon after GB2, the guys appeared as their younger selves, Walter Peck could appear and not it wasn't weird because it wasn't 40 years later. Murray himself said no one wants to watch old guys run around busting ghosts when he turned down Aykroyd for good. So it's pretty clear no matter what the script Murray is not ok with doing live action ghostbusters.

God....Anna Faris I can't wait for her to go away. I'm sure the film would be stellar with her over the top reactions to everything, the trademark confused face with her mouth open and making mixed up remarks about not understanding how the Proton Packs work. That sounds like a winning combination.

It could be worse, Adam Sandler and his crew could get a hold of it and run their usual tired gags only with ghosts.

How anyone can hear that name and still think this is a good idea really makes me feel retarded, like maybe I'm missing something. :lol

I think this image says everything about GB3 without Murray you need to know.

JustStopDan.jpg

Well for starters no one has really sucessfully adapted a game to film. You can argue that Resident Evil makes money but that franchise is hot garbage driven by Milla's fanboy wank club. But in this case certain things that work brillaintly would not translate. The return of Mr. Stay Puft for example was awesome because we got to fight him ourselves as the Rookie. We took him on with our own hands. In a movie it's just something that's been done and won't work again watching the same people do the same thing.

The game was also set in the 90's, soon after GB2, the guys appeared as their younger selves, Walter Peck could appear and not it wasn't weird because it wasn't 40 years later. Murray himself said no one wants to watch old guys run around busting ghosts when he turned down Aykroyd for good. So it's pretty clear no matter what the script Murray is not ok with doing live action ghostbusters.

I may be mistaken but I feel blackmask is asking that if they could write a good script for the game why can't they write a good script for the next film?

Either way I don't think they would hire videogame writers to pen a film script (not that it's unheard of I mean Bethesda, Valve and BioWare writers are all amazing and produce cinema quality works).

I think Akroyd would get carried away writing this and ruin it in the long run.

I may be mistaken but I feel blackmask is asking that if they could write a good script for the game why can't they write a good script for the next film?

Either way I don't think they would hire videogame writers to pen a film script (not that it's unheard of I mean Bethesda, Valve and BioWare writers are all amazing and produce cinema quality works).

I think Akroyd would get carried away writing this and ruin it in the long run.

Oh I know, I'm just saying that the reason is you can get away with things in a game you can't on film. Like the return of Gozer/Stay-Puft. On screen we'd get a stupid looking CGI Marshmallow Man we've already seen. In the game it's a welcome chance to battle him ourselves.

Oh I know, I'm just saying that the reason is you can get away with things in a game you can't on film. Like the return of Gozer/Stay-Puft. On screen we'd get a stupid looking CGI Marshmallow Man we've already seen. In the game it's a welcome chance to battle him ourselves.

I understand this, but, maybe not adapting the game into a movie, because like you said that would be impossible,

but what I meant is, why can't they make a good Ghostbusters movie when they made a good game, why can't they just create another good story? everyone always says that making a third movie will suck, that the story will suck,
but the game didn't, why can't the movie be decent?

I've already said why, they used up all the good ideas, some ideas they can't bring back and keep as fresh like Mr. Stay Puft, and because in a game you can set it in 1990 and it makes sense, they look younger, etc.

This :

Ghostbusters_III_Poster_v2_by_Gh0st.jpg

Does not look like it can pass for 2-3 years after the events of GB2.

And because they aren't making it about what made the first movie work, the guys being themselves and funny. They want to make it about giving the blessing to ____ty, unfunny young people who can whore out a great franchise for years to come. Theres no way to make that ok, Bill Murray knows it, so he did the right thing and killed it. In retrospect I'd have far greater respect for Ford if he told Lucas to screw off and hadn't made CS.

Latest in the just won't die rumor mill is Aykroyd has apparently accepted the last script was indeed garbage and is completely re-writing it to try again. More accurately Etan Cohen (MIB3 / Tropic Thunder) is re-writing it. My guess would be this maybe a draft that doesn't include Bill so that they can move forward either way and for that, I'm not exactly excited.

At this point.. Make Dan the dean of the Ghost Buster's Academy and let it be about training new busters... the original busters minus Bill can do their cameos as teachers for some funny bits... Heck I could see Vince Vaughn as a ghost buster...... I really think there are ways to get a new movie and a cast that could work without the original GB grand daddy's ...IMO.

As much as i love the Ghostbusters, I really hope this franchise doesn't continue, i can't see the third being anything but crap.
The nostalgia trip for a return seems to have subsided into a bit of a Sony grab for a money-spinning franchise instead, revive something that can spawn a number of sequels and sell a ton of already established merchandise.

The video game was really enjoyable and quite well written, I'm quite happy for that to be the last outting for them.

Back