Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all Bill Murray's fault... All of it, He should have shut the - up and made this movie back when they first asked him to, Now this is what we get for Bill messing around with GB3 and saying not over and over.
I hope he is happy :gah:

He wanted a good script. I don't see how it's his fault. Honestly, as nice as it would've been to see them back on the screen, today's ********* audience would've crucified them all if it had been horrid. Harold leaves a better legacy behind without some ******, rushed Ghostbusters 3. :huh

Smart-***, womanizer, front man :

Lovable, oblivious, gung-ho guy :

Eccentric genius :

Winstons just the every-man, regular guy on the street. You can cast him with almost anyone but these guys are all well known and popular young comedians who are really talented and have experience improving with other comedians on tv. They also aren't synonymous with any one character so they don't have baggage. A big name like Reynolds, Rudd or Milano would be a mistake. All of the original cast was relatively unknown as movie stars.

What if they did a high school and College years film of the trio. You would need a new cast and maybe have bill and Dan cameos as parents/grandparents/uncle or even college professors. Just thinking out loud, but it would to me at least be interesting. I just do not want another film with the original players in their original roles. No Ramis no original roles

Lovable, oblivious, gung-ho guy :

Eccentric genius :

Winstons just the every-man, regular guy on the street. You can cast him with almost anyone but these guys are all well known and popular young comedians who are really talented and have experience improving with other comedians on tv. They also aren't synonymous with any one character so they don't have baggage. A big name like Reynolds, Rudd or Milano would be a mistake. All of the original cast was relatively unknown as movie stars.

I would pass on GB3.

That guy's got about 1/100th the talent of Murray. But then again, that goes for most actors. I have a hard time imagining someone taking over those "roles"--not characters, but roles in the group. I would prefer it if they went a different direction, and didn't try to fit new actors into the same group roles that the original cast played. You're just asking for direct comparisons, and even with Charlie Day there, those comparisons most likely won't be very kind to the new group.

Better to have something like, say, a sexy female, a goofball idiot (like Day), and a fat, lazy slob with no immediately noticeable, redeeming qualities.

Ghost Busters: The College Years... follow the crew as they sit in class daily and study religion and occult. *yawn*

yeah any films involving school must suck...they could zap guys in their experiments to bang some students:lecture:lol...just saying it could be an intro as to why they got into the biz...run in with their first ghost in HS?...As long as it's not Scooby-doo ish I think it could be a good one...just throwing out some ideas

yeah any films involving school must suck...they could zap guys in their experiments to bang some students:lecture:lol...just saying it could be an intro as to why they got into the biz...run in with their first ghost in HS?...As long as it's not Scooby-doo ish I think it could be a good one...just throwing out some ideas

They didn't get into "ghostbusting" until the first movie. I'd expect anything "college years" to be American Pie: Band Camp meets Ghost Adventures sans technology, but not as funny.

Last edited:
Without Ramis, another ghostbusters would seem like a nostalgic money grab. Leave it alone.

Well it was always going to seem like a nostalgia-exploiting money grab to me. Why else would a studio greenlight it? That doesn't mean it will suck, but. . .it probably will.

I could see Sam Rockwell as either a Venkman or Egon type character.

7928120a130e.jpg

I don't see them casting people in their mid 40s for this reboot. It will be young comedians that they could potentially get 20-30 years worth of movies from I would think.

I would guess they will be college grads and scientists or at least in college like The EGB.

Back