GG Maul and Bloodfin Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, Bigbadtoystore.com has pictures and a description up for this new piece from GG. The one thing I find interesting is they claim the Bloodfin is sculpted into Maul's cape in order to leave it free-floating. While that ideas cool in concept, how thick must they make the cape to support that weight? Also, sounds like a break-up (sorry for the pun :D ) just waiting to happen.

GG10171.jpg

Looks very nice. I have the GG biker scout with speeder and I love it. Wish I had more room!

I think this looks very nice also. No idea how delicate it will be, but the execution in this picture looks terrific.

On the one hand its really neat execution, on the other I honestly don't think Maul's speeder was cool enough to justify being immortalized in a statue. Maul by himself is much more interesting IMO.

Interesting design. Anyone know if Maul himself is the same scale as the previous Maul Statue, if so, this is going to be a BIG piece. As for the bike, it's a cool idea, but I'd have made the statue with Maul on the speeder, and since they used creative license, I'd have had a saber ignited in hand going after Qui-Gon.

I gotta give it to GG on this one. A very cool idea and I think they've pulled it off well. I like my regular Maul just fine though so I'll be passing.

How long til they do a hovering Landspeeder?

It's a fairly neat peice, reminds of the Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike statue. I don't really care for the wind practicly blowing his cloak off, but I guess it's neccessary for the ship to be floating. Still I think if he were posed by it with the cloak all up and maybe a Probe droid flying around it'd be a little closer to the film. Never the ship had a name thhough.

spaceman said:
Interesting.

1/9 scale like the speeder bike, I assume?
I thought it was smaller but I dont have the speeder so I cant compare but it seemed kinda small, Maul was maybe 6-7" tall.

No interest in this. I'd rather have a nice 1/6 scale bike that I can play with!

mfoga said:
I thought it was smaller but I dont have the speeder so I cant compare but it seemed kinda small, Maul was maybe 6-7" tall.

You are right. Mike has it listed at 7" tall by 10" wide. That seems pretty small but I guess it is the same scale

My Speeder Bike statue survived the recent GG purge, and if this one gets really low on eBay I might think about picking it up down the road. But I'm not preordering...

Beautiful statue and pics!!

Would you mind taken a close up shot of the bike's gauges?

They seem really detailed and I could use the reference for my custom 1/6 speeder.

ThanX

Back