Geroge A. Romero new zombie movie: SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah man I almost did, but I chose not to. I still want to see it for myself.

Don't wast the money on a movie ticket or On Demand. Just pick it up when it's out on DVD. It's worth a once-over and then quiet banishment to warm a spot on the shelf. I'm really hoping there were large plot elements cut out and that we'll get a director's cut where everything actually makes sense. Sadly I highly doubt that'll be the case...

Well, just finished watching it and I kinda see what you mean. I have to say, I'm left somewhat confused. Everything was there but it just didn't seem like a Romero flick. To me it seemed more like someone trying to be Romero than Romero himself...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...so, although this movie takes place during and immediately after Diary, for me, it just doesn't really fit with his own established cannon. I'd like to blame the suits, but one of the reasons George went with the company and now films in Canada is because they let give him a blank check and let him do what he wants. When it comes out, I'll buy it to support George, but man, whatta shame. :(

I agree totally with all of your above points , the second time I watched it , I nearly convinced myself that I liked it , but then reality came crashing down around me ! Individual "bits" seemed to work , but as you say , when viewed as a whole , the film just doesn't hang together . I bought the DVD sight unseen , as it limped out over here with virtually no publicity , ( a George Romero film straight to DVD ? Unthinkable a few years ago ) and it will indeed lurk in the darkest recesses of my DVD collection until that day in 10 or 20 years time when it gets re-evaluated and announced to be Romero's masterpiece ! :slap ( Much like "Day Of The Dead" ):lol

I agree totally with all of your above points , the second time I watched it , I nearly convinced myself that I liked it , but then reality came crashing down around me ! Individual "bits" seemed to work , but as you say , when viewed as a whole , the film just doesn't hang together . I bought the DVD sight unseen , as it limped out over here with virtually no publicity , ( a George Romero film straight to DVD ? Unthinkable a few years ago ) and it will indeed lurk in the darkest recesses of my DVD collection until that day in 10 or 20 years time when it gets re-evaluated and announced to be Romero's masterpiece ! :slap ( Much like "Day Of The Dead" ):lol

When the DVD comes out here, I will buy it. At that time I'll give it a second viewing, though I highly doubt my opinion will change unless there's a 20-30min chunk of footage he cut that would tie it all together. After that point I won't excommunicate it, but I will banish it to the shelf to it's permanent resting place behind Diary where it will stay for good without another viewing. While LotD was my least favorite in the series, it was still fun to watch now and again and had quite a few redeeming qualities. I wish I could say the same for this piece. :(

I just finished watching my recording off HDNet Movies. I wasn't expecting much, but I think it could've been better.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just finished watching my recording off HDNet Movies. I wasn't expecting much, but I think it could've been better.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That was actually more believable than all the other ____ I pointed out. I looked at that as kinda a residual haunting type thing. Like when Bub picked up the 1911, fired, then checked the empty magwell.

this movie really took a wrong turn, IMO.
Spoiler Spoiler:

and i thought that VEGAN(day of the dead re-make) zombie was the worst concept on the drawing board.:rotfl

Back