Gentle Giant Potter PFs - 'Gallery Collection' solicited

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, just you wait, it gets even better...

Wait until you read the last 125 or so pages. Amazing!

All I can say is, "WOW!"

I think that's the best book (HP HBP) I've read in a long long time and certainly the best of the series so far. I'm glad I avoided all of the spoilers, which wasn't easy to do, and I'll withhold comments out or respect for others that haven't made it through series yet. 1 more to go.

Just got an update from Entertainment Earth on my Harry Potter and Voldemort PFs (Gallery collection). Now estimated for arrival Jan. 2010.

I'm guessing that we'll never see Snape and Dumbledore solicited and may never see the first 2 released. GG should turn the mixed media over to SSC. They're obviously having some problems with it.

Two and a half I think. Weren't these previewed at SDCC 07? They looked awesome, its too bad this isn't panning out.

We asked GG about this in one of Monthly QnA Sessions and here was the Question and Answer:

GGC: Are the ¼ Harry Potter Gallery Collection Statues still coming out? They were slated for July 08 and still nada?

GG: We are really pushing to get these out as soon as possible. It is a challenge to make sure that these pieces are executed with best quality, and that means making sure we are sourcing out top-notch manufacturers. Finding a manufacturer that can produce a mixed media piece, such as resin and fabric is a great task, and finding one that can do it with great finesse is even more tasking. These should be hitting shelves this holiday season.

Gentle Giant said:
It is a challenge to make sure that these pieces are executed with best quality, and that means making sure we are sourcing out top-notch manufacturers. Finding a manufacturer that can produce a mixed media piece, such as resin and fabric is a great task, and finding one that can do it with great finesse is even more tasking.

Quoted for truth :)

What do you guys think about these PFs ?
They're scheduled for Summer 2010

Dumbledore
IMG_3114.JPG

dsc024931lw7.jpg

SDC_5902_resize.jpg

Snape
SDC_5882_resize.jpg

SDC_5883_resize.jpg

I don't care for Dumbledore so much, but Snape looks good. I will likely buy Harry and Voldemort if they come out looking good. If they come out period.

What do I think? I think they will never be released. :(

Why the world of 1/6 to 1/4 scale HP figures is cursed is beyond me...

Dunno why but I kind of agree with you yodasan.. I don't believe there will ever be a decent line of Harry Potter mechandise and those PFs to come out, would be too good to be true haha !

They look pretty good... especially Snape. But as others have said, I have a feeling they may never be made.

Can't say that I would buy HP stuff in 1/4 scale, but I would love to get some 1/6 figures.

Sorry for bringing a post back from the dead.

Today I received the Harry Potter statue from this Gallery Collection line. I am expecting Voldemort to arrive by the end of next week.

The Harry Potter statue I received is numbered 77 of 290.
Voldemort is unknown at this time.

Overall, Harry Potter is a great statue. The paint application could be better but is very acceptable for the price that I paid.
Unlike SS statues being separate from the base, Harry is permanently attached. The only loose item is the wand.

I only took one quick photo. Rest assured that I will take more photos once Voldemort arrives.

There was hardly any information/reviews that I could find on these statues so I was wondering if anyone else here has collected either of them (or both).

I got them both. My first intention was to only get voldemort because the statue really looks great. Very underestimated statue in my humble opinion. The Harry i bought from a Cancer charity auction of free donated statues with defects and where repaired by some artist. Now i'm glad to have both so i can put them against eachother.

Voldemort (#134 of 250) arrived today and it is a fantastic 1/4 scale statue. Well done GG :clap

I am amazed that these are not snatched up and are not in high demand by collectors.

It could be that there are not that many great photos out there to show it off. I have attached two photos to help show what a production piece looks like. Unlike SS statues being separate from the base, Voldemort is permanently attached. The only loose item is the wand.

It is to bad that we may never see the other statues that GG has shown at the conventions.

Last edited:
Voldemort (#134 of 250) arrived today and it is a fantastic 1/4 scale statue. Well done GG :clap

I am amazed that these are not snatched up and are not in high demand by collectors.

It could be that there are not that many great photos out there to show it off. I have attached two photos to help show what a production piece looks like. Unlike SS statues being separate from the base, Voldemort is permanently attached. The only loose item is the wand.

It is to bad that we may never see the other statues that GG has shown at the conventions.

There was good youtube video when it came out.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZGIDmYE3D4[/ame]

I just think the hp franchise collecting isn't that popular.

Back