Gentle Giant Potter PFs - 'Gallery Collection' solicited

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry Potter 1/4 from Gentle Giant Announcement

New Scale for Gentle Giant's Harry Potter Line
Gentle Giant showed off its newest line of Harry Potter products at this years San Diego Comic-con. These 1/4 scale Gallery Collection Harry Potter Statues combine the high level of detail in resin from the mini busts and statues with a high quality of fabric that is hand tailored into the characters costume. The first 2 pieces releasing in the Gallery Collection are Harry Potter and Voldemort. Both these pieces with placed together depict the final battle scene between Harry and Voldemort from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Harry stands 16 inches tall and retails for $290, while Voldemort stands 17.5 inches tall and retails for $315. Log into your account to pre-order now at www.GentleGiantLtd.com.

Great minds huh Dave.....

Harry is inaccurate....too clean and where is the ripped sleeve?

productDetail.png

Volde is a little off as well....

productDetail.png

Those don't look nearly as good as the SDCC pieces. I'll wait until the ES is announced before I decide how to order.

I wish SS was making these peices and not GG....just think SS could do a much better job...

These are not that good...considering what we are comparing against. These are mixed format, yes, but compared to Sideshow's Lurtz, or Boba Fett...these are so much inferior...

Where is Harry's battle damage? Shouldn't he have some torn clothes, some mud on his hands and face?

Too bad...they had promise...

Geb

P.S. Here is to hoping for POTC Premium Format...never happen, but can you imagine a PF Jack Sparrow or Barbossa...too cool

I'll be getting both. GG has done an excellent job with the Potter bust, I hope the PF line follows.

Where is Harry's battle damage? Shouldn't he have some torn clothes, some mud on his hands and face?

harry_potter_and_the_goblet_of_fire_erased_info_52.jpg

The PF is much much too clean...

Here is to hoping for POTC Premium Format...never happen, but can you imagine a PF Jack Sparrow or Barbossa...too cool

It'll only rock if its done via SSC.....if GG does them they'll turn out subpar. I have high hopes for the GG HP 1/4 line but these two big guns certainly fall short.

I'm a little on the fence about these. I really want them, but I think I want to wait to see some in hand pics and what others think of them. Hopefully they will last long enough for that. If not I may wait around for round two which will hopefully have a nice set of Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

I'm hoping to get Harry, Ron and Hermione in Hogwarts Uniforms in PFs...

I can't imagine these have changed from SDCC, so I think the pics just aren't doing them justice. They were truly beautiful - Voldie more than Harry. I'll wait for a dealer to get these up - (you asleep Bob?) - but they're must haves for me.

As for Harry's battle damage - I'm kind of glad they didn't attempt that - you can always do it yourself easily enough, but cleaning it up if you don't want it would be more difficult.

Yeah that's my thinking. I checked out the Tonner ones since your Voldemort looked pretty good, but the faces were a little too dollish for my personal tastes. I thought the likenesses were pretty good though.

I really wanted these to be a homerun but Harry looks like he just got out of the shower, not out of a fight. I can't pay $300 for something as sub-par as this. And I refuse to pay this much and sent it out to get customized.

Holy crap, have they actually done that in the past? That sucks, no wonder people knock Gentle Giant.

Back