Gentle Giant Potter PFs - 'Gallery Collection' solicited

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These two were show stoppers at SDCC. Absolutely beautiful pieces, IMO. These pictures are horrible, compared to what was at the show, and I certainly hope that the final product is not what is represented here.

I'd like to add these to the collection, but I'll wait to see how ES and other such things unfold next year.

I can't imagine these have changed from SDCC, so I think the pics just aren't doing them justice. They were truly beautiful - Voldie more than Harry. I'll wait for a dealer to get these up - (you asleep Bob?) - but they're must haves for me.

So will that happen, referring to a dealer having them in stock? I got the email from GG and put the following in my cart: PF HP, PF Voldemort, Indy bust, Indy Horse. Total was somewhere around $900, so I didn't go any further. I'm not sure if I can justify those prices without seeign them in person, but also don't want to risk a very limited release and missing it. But knowing GG, that probably wont happen. Would much rather get from fireside or darkshadow.

Until GG yanks them out from under them, as far as we know, dealers will get these just like any of the 1 or 2 other non-exclusive items GG releases.

I think Mike at Razor's Edge has them up already.

that will help, thanks Dave. difference of $65 on Voldemort alone. Still have to hold off... for now.

So everyone that saw these as SDCC is in agreement that these warant the price tag? I suppose that question is subjective, so let me qualify... Anyone that would spend $250 on a "toy" statue, these are of the same caliber? Cause I really want and need a little encouragement to justify sending me to the poor house :lol:lol

What I saw at SDCC was definitely at least Sideshow quality. The sculpts are great as are the soft goods.

So everyone that saw these as SDCC is in agreement that these warant the price tag? I suppose that question is subjective, so let me qualify... Anyone that would spend $250 on a "toy" statue, these are of the same caliber? Cause I really want and need a little encouragement to justify sending me to the poor house :lol:lol

The ones they had on display at SDCC were very comparable to the Sideshow 1/4 scale PF figures. It's basically GG doing the same thing with the HP license, which Sideshow doesn't have. I don't have room for them but they certainly do look nice.

Until GG yanks them out from under them, as far as we know, dealers will get these just like any of the 1 or 2 other non-exclusive items GG releases.

I think Mike at Razor's Edge has them up already.

yea I got mine from Razors and saved some cash. I agree the pics of these dont seem to represent what was shown at SDCC well but perhaps at TF they'll be shown agian.

im sure the hp statues will look good once released and it seems they are designed to be a vs set which i have wanted sideshow to do with there starwars 1/4 scale line.

i will get harry for my daughter as she is at an age now that she is enjoying the hp films.

the new mini busts are looking sweet too!

im sure the hp statues will look good once released and it seems they are designed to be a vs set which i have wanted sideshow to do with there starwars 1/4 scale line.

i will get harry for my daughter as she is at an age now that she is enjoying the hp films.

the new mini busts are looking sweet too!

OT but the Obi Wan PF and Vader PF are kinda vs peices. Ok BTT

What I saw at SDCC was definitely at least Sideshow quality. The sculpts are great as are the soft goods.

The one thing that concerns me most about the sculpt is that it looked great in prototype, but so did the Clone Armor Obi-Wan. So I'm a little timid of their stuff now. Maybe I'm overgeneralizing and it was a one time thing, but I still get a wee bit nervous.

I'm don't collect anything SW by GG, so perhaps I'm a bit spoiled. The HP busts have been exemplary, with only one exception (Cho). So I'm going to err on the side of hoping for the best.

The one thing that concerns me most about the sculpt is that it looked great in prototype, but so did the Clone Armor Obi-Wan. So I'm a little timid of their stuff now. Maybe I'm overgeneralizing and it was a one time thing, but I still get a wee bit nervous.

GG knows how bad they looked after the Obi clone armor statue, so I dont think they'll repeat that mistake. JMO

These were really nice at SDCC. I don't collect Harry Potter but after seeing them in person I strongly considered it.

I have always been skeptical that the production run would equal the quality exhibited by the protos.

A little off topic, but here I am...

Man, I gotta say, I have about 150 pages to go in Half Blood Prince and it is probably my favorite of all of them so far. What a great series. I find myself laughing out loud more in this book than I have than any of the others. The series has gotten progressively better and more mature each story. I wouldn't really call this a "children's" book any more. I'm sure I'll finish the entire series over the Holiday break.

A little off topic, but here I am...

Man, I gotta say, I have about 150 pages to go in Half Blood Prince and it is probably my favorite of all of them so far. What a great series. I find myself laughing out loud more in this book than I have than any of the others. The series has gotten progressively better and more mature each story. I wouldn't really call this a "children's" book any more. I'm sure I'll finish the entire series over the Holiday break.

Wait until you read the last 125 or so pages. Amazing!

Back