General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete Maravich would wipe the floor with both Lebron and Jordan.

I think I watched that Pistol Pete movie about 100 times during one summer in the 90's, lol

I LOVE it! :lol How is this not more interesting than talking about GS winning another title and LeBron losing yet another one? Damn, both the NBA and Stanley Cup Finals could be over in 5 games or less. Where's the fun in that?

I don't know what's funnier...WWE's crazy ass posts or the fact that he still gets you guys to bite on them after all this time, lol

WWE is Jordan level trolling and you fellas just can't wait to chomp that bait, lol

Challenge-accepted.jpg

RE the self-anointed "King" thing, I've asked it before and I've asked it again....are we certain he gave himself the nickname "King James"? Again, serious question. From all I read, his teammates and the media referred to him as that in high school.

Lets say for sh*** and giggles he did not give himself the nickname, I believe he did but there are conflicting sources on the web. He did not shy away from THE KING moniker and he did have this tattoo on his back since HS...so, if someone from HS is ballsy enough to have this scrawled on his back w/out ever taking a step on an NBA court, is it that much of a stretch to presume he nicknamed himself THE KING??? :dunno

chosen 1.jpg

Meh, with the amount of ink these players have nowadays, I have no problem with that.

I'm curious if that tattoo was pre or post release of the SI cover where he was proclaimed "the Chosen One". Is there a certain amount of hubris involved? Yes. But he has been successful. And I will come across as a unapologetic Lebron defender, but "The Chosen One" could be interpreted in a number of ways. Chosen to carry the hopes and dreams of Cleveland. Chosen to rise above his humble beginnings. :dunno

Now, if he had tattooed "GOAT" on other hand...

Lets say for sh*** and giggles he did not give himself the nickname, I believe he did but there are conflicting sources on the web. He did not shy away from THE KING moniker and he did have this tattoo on his back since HS...so, if someone from HS is ballsy enough to have this scrawled on his back w/out ever taking a step on an NBA court, is it that much of a stretch to presume he nicknamed himself THE KING??? :dunno

I don't know where it came from, but he had it when he was playing high school ball

I had always heard he had given himself the "King James" nickname. I have no idea if its true or not.

No salt....I rarely venture up to Cle. Noah reminds me of a witch with bad hair ...... dislike

I agree the comments that stem from hate versus reality is amusing. In all likelihood he will lose again but saying the man doesn't show up to play in the finals is ludicrous. Plenty of stats to prove otherwise. Last year he lead both teams in all major statistical categories and almost won MVP on a losing team....to say he doesn't show up or "will" his team is baseless.

That said, In fairness Lebron has put himself in this situation both in Miami and Cle with his choices so I can't speak indifferently to that point. His choices leaves his legacy at (most likely) 2-5. He made the bed, he now gets to lie in it.

I agree with this. LeBron has showed up in most Finals games. LeBron built this team.... and so far it is not working out for him. Should have kept Wiggins and let Thompson walk.

I'm not on Twitter or Facebook. Never have been. But your statement isn't surprising though because I've been questioning what you actually see (or don't) since you started posting here. And by the way, saying LeBron isn't as good as the GOAT isn't insulting, it's just a fact. You are taking it as an insult but at this point, I don't care why or that you do. Keep on keeping on jedi.

I'm taking it as an insult? Don't forget you took offense to one line of my post a few days back about how Jordan never lead a bad team to the finals like LeBron.

He has stats but they are empty stats. A truly great player will make his teammates better and I don't see that with LeBron. If anything, the star players around him have suffered trying to take a back seat to make sure LeBron is the play maker.

At this point, he's basically a glorified Carmelo Anthony. In all seriousness, what's the difference between the two? They both have amazing stats. The only difference is 'Melo has never had the supporting cast that LeBron has had. If you role reversed, I'd bet my house that 'Melo could reach the Finals, in that weak conference, if he had Love and Irving. I have no doubt in my mind.

:lol:lol Melo's Knicks are better than the '07 Cavs, so why didn't Melo lead his team to the finals? Let alone the playoffs in the "weak east."

So, what current NBA player makes his teammates better? Jordan certainly didn't make his teammates better, otherwise he would have gotten out of the first round without Pippen and would have made the playoffs with the Wizards. You know what... Pippen made Jordan better. Pippen is the reason for the six rings, cause Jordan couldn't get it done without him.

I don't know what's funnier...WWE's crazy ass posts or the fact that he still gets you guys to bite on them after all this time, lol

WWE is Jordan level trolling and you fellas just can't wait to chomp that bait, lol

So... you are saying I'm the GOAT? Awesome.

I had always heard he had given himself the "King James" nickname. I have no idea if its true or not.

Well... he is the King of the NBA. The Finals is his home, he has millions of dollars in endorsements, and has been the face of the NBA for a decade.

I would like nothing better than LeBron to just play hero ball and carry the Cavs to the title after being down 2-0. Of course the excuses would then be "well Jordan was never down 2-0."

:lol:lol Melo's Knicks are better than the '07 Cavs, so why didn't Melo lead his team to the finals? Let alone the playoffs in the "weak east."
"

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he didn't make the Finals bc he didn't Irving/Love/Bosh/Wade super friends dream team combo? :dunno

And he has made the playoffs 3x with that JV squad of a team he has. He's made the playoffs about half the time he's been with the Knicks which is about what LeBron has done prior to teaming up with Hall of Famers...

Last edited:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he didn't make the Finals bc he didn't Irving/Love/Bosh/Wade super friends dream team combo? :dunno

And he has made the playoffs 3x with that JV squad of a team he has. He's made the playoffs about half the time he's been with the Knicks which is about what LeBron has done prior to teaming up with Hall of Famers...

Don't deflect. I'm talking about the 2007 Cavs where it was just LeBron James. Why didn't Melo lead the Nuggets to the Finals? He even had Allen Iverson to help, couldn't get it done. Let alone the Knicks in the "weak east." LeBron got a team to the finals by himself, why couldn't Melo?

LeBron got a team to the finals by himself, why couldn't Jordan?

As explained ad nauseam if you had been paying attention, the West is a completely different animal than the East (teams don't even have to be .500 and still make the East playoffs LMAO) and please don't compare a 32 year old AI to prime Irving/Love/Bosh/Wade...you're grasping at straws here, kid..

As explained ad nauseam if you had been paying attention, the West is a completely different animal than the East (teams don't even have to be .500 and still make the East playoffs LMAO) and please don't compare a 32 year old AI to prime Irving/Love/Bosh/Wade...you're grasping at straws here, kid..

Keep deflecting and keep brining up those four. If you don't need to be .500 to make the East playoffs, why can't Melo make the playoffs in the east with a "JV team" as you said while LeBron led a "JV team" to a finals appearance and multiple playoff appearances? I just don't understand how you can say LeBron is basically like Melo. It seems you just keep making excuses and running around trying to find a way to make yourself seem right...

So.... once again....

LeBron got a team to the finals with no help in 2007 in the "weak east," why can't Melo?
LeBron got a team to the finals all by himself in 2007, why couldn't Jordan?

LeBron got a team to the finals with no help in 2007 in the "weak east," why can't Melo?
LeBron got a team to the finals all by himself in 2007, why couldn't Jordan?

Please tell me this is an act and you're really not this obtuse.

The years he's missed the playoffs, he's been hurt. That's not his fault, that's call getting old. He did make one WCF which I consider an equal to making the Finals in the East imo. Beyond that there's no way 'Melo could possibly make the Finals in the East because he has/had no help. The entire time 'Melo has played in the East he's had LeBron and his super friends there to compete with. Switch places and I can guarantee that 'Melo plus any two of Irving/Love/Bosh/Wade would make the finals while LeBron would toil away in NY. Like I said, LeBron has done nothing to make his teammates better. If anything they've suffered trying to placate 'the king'.

And again, please don't compare today's watered down East to the 80's East. MJ had to compete with Celtics (mutiple hof's), Pistons (mutiple hof's). There's just no comparison so I won't even entertain that silly pedestrian argument.

I am not involved in the GOAT discussion...don't believe in it nor would I pick Jordan or James if I did. The ongoing arguements over empty stats, Melo comparisons etc. all seem based on emotion rather then fact. If you don't like James, I'd have more respect for arguement saying he is a tool hope he never wins versus ones saying he doesn't show up and produce. Stats are stats and these seem to show a fair resemblance to Jordan stats...how can one guy show up the other not when production is almost the same is unclear to me...it must be the magic "will" I keep reading about..

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/lebron_james_vs_michael_jordan.htm

Last edited:
Please tell me this is an act and you're really not this obtuse.

The years he's missed the playoffs, he's been hurt. That's not his fault, that's call getting old. He did make one WCF which I consider an equal to making the Finals in the East imo. Beyond that there's no way 'Melo could possibly make the Finals in the East because he has/had no help. The entire time 'Melo has played in the East he's had LeBron and his super friends there to compete with. Switch places and I can guarantee that 'Melo plus any two of Irving/Love/Bosh/Wade would make the finals while LeBron would toil away in NY. Like I said, LeBron has done nothing to make his teammates better. If anything they've suffered trying to placate 'the king'.

And again, please don't compare today's watered down East to the 80's East. MJ had to compete with Celtics (mutiple hof's), Pistons (mutiple hof's). There's just no comparison so I won't even entertain that silly pedestrian argument.

You avoided the question of why can't Melo make the playoffs in the "weak east." It only takes a .500 team to get in, you said it yourself. It doesn't matter if he has to compete against LeBron's team, seven more spots.

Think with your mind, not the heart and recognize the greatness of James.

Back