General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fans who burned his jersey? And decried him? There was only one town that stood with lebron against the world and it wasn't Cleveland. I promise you this the reaction in Miami will not be what it was in Cleveland. You won't see miami people collecting outside of Lebrons personal home.

The biggest issue isnt taking Gilbert's money and running….its that the second Lebron goes to CLE he PUTS 500 million dollars in Gilberts pocket in value alone… what's 105 million to Gilbert then?! He's gonna get the money from the Heat or Cavs either way. In fact he can get MORE from miami if he so desires. He should trust Riley to build a winner. Miami was competitive in the 90s, then again in the 2000's with shaq. A few down years notwithstanding the Heat are always a playoff team. The cavs? Not so much. Maybe next year the Heat won't win… but that doesn't mean the Heat won't be right back there again. If its about legacy then he should STAY. Riley has proven consistency… outside of lucking into 4 number 1 picks (one of which has bombed) what have the cave done?!

Unproven coach. New GM. ****** Owner.

Hell, Irving and Wade have played in almost the SAME amount of games in the last three years and Wade's muuuuch more efficient.

Fans do stupid stuff. You still don't get it. I'm not surprised but it's sad you still don't get it. This was a hometown kid that hurt that town in those fans the worst way possibles he stabbed them and put salt in it on national tv. Of course Miami fans won't because they are one of the ****tiest fan bases in all of sports. They never fill dolphins stadium, never fill the Marlins stadium, and only do so with the heat because of the big three. Hell it's well know fans either show up well late or leave early because it's hot (football).

He will put money in his pocket but Lebron is thinking about other things that to him are more important and that people like myself can see. I expect you to be bias on how good the heat have been. They're outside of a few seasons a very average franchise and it appears they're headed that way again.

No knock on Riley bro, but all he did was clear space for them once they decided where they wanted to play

He was wise enough to KNOW that the opportunity could come and prepared accordingly. I think you are knocking on him.

Eitherway… Lebron's letter is fantastic. I wish him the best. He will always have a place in my Heat Fandom heart and one day i know his jersey will hang from our rafters.

Go HEAT

He was wise enough to KNOW that the opportunity could come and prepared accordingly. I think you are knocking on him.

Eitherway… Lebron's letter is fantastic. I wish him the best. He will always have a place in my Heat Fandom heart and one day i know his jersey will hang from our rafters.

Go HEAT

Lol, okay..

Have fun.

I think this is hilarious, personally. As someone from Northeast Ohio, I remember the outcry about his departure vividly. I'm not a big Basketball fan, but it was everywhere. The "Traitor" jerseys, the fan made T-shirts. Now, those same people are saying "King James is back! Go Cavs!":lol

Good for Lebron, and good for Cleveland. The return of the prodigal son and all that.

Heat fans, as well as Lebron, have nothing to be ashamed of. Four straight trips to the finals, and two championships is a success by any measure, except to those who want to criticize Lebron. I know a lot of Dallas fans took issue when Lebron and the Heat said that San Antonio was their hardest opponent after the Heat won their second championship. But the fact of the matter is that the first year, the Heat hadn't firmly established themselves yet as a team. Lebron deferred to DWade too much, and didn't grab the reigns himself. Spoelstra has admitted that he didn't utilize James to the best of his ability that first year. And just as the Bad Boy Pistons had to break through the Celtics, and Jordan's Bulls had to get through the Pistons, Lebron had to deal with heartbreak and adversity before breaking through.

It will be interesting to see how the dominoes fall next. I know Chris Bosh wanted to play with Lebron, and that now the Houston offer looks more tempting, but will Riles offer more to Bosh now? Will he make a huge offer to keep Bosh? Make a play for Melo?

Also, I find it interesting that Boston was a trade partner to clear some cap space. Not that I believe that anything Machiavellian was involved, but I'm sure Danny Ainge is happy that he helped stick it to Riley...

One more time, one big THANK YOU to the San Antonio Spurs for single-handedly destroying this Miami Heat franchise. Can I get an applause for the Spurs??? :lol

Unexpected this soon but totally stoked.......I heard Love is next and I'll say again, I do not want Love....but if that was part of the deal I'll take it

One more time, one big THANK YOU to the San Antonio Spurs for single-handedly destroying this Miami Heat franchise. Can I get an applause for the Spurs??? :lol

jstep, honey, sweetie...I know we don't always see eye to eye but the 2011 Mavs had a hand in it as well

HOU securing Bosh deal and planning to match offer sheet to Parsons

Mavs will be forced to plan C.....again

You guys can rag on Heat fans all you like. You can rejoice that we're done all you want…. My team went to 4 straight finals. Won two championships. It was a lot of fun. I'll take that deal every time.

You guys can rag on Heat fans all you like. You can rejoice that we're done all you want…. My team went to 4 straight finals. Won two championships. It was a lot of fun. I'll take that deal every time.

Nah, man...I think most of us outside of San Antone and LA would take that deal. You rode the wave until it died and hopefully you soaked it all in.

Back