General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, the first time he did this with the " decision ", I was indifferent as I would have bolted from that armpit Cleveland also. But if he up and leaves Miami after dancing on stage and declaring multiple championship, then he is the all time biggest ******* of sports. He committed to Miami, he should stay there. I can't think of any other league superstar that bounced around chasing dollars and championships, 1 jump yes, 2 jumps....

I guess he should have stopped after "not one"... And left it at that?..

Yea, this is pretty ridiculous. It's fun to follow but the way things are trending these days, it's pretty absurd that literally one player is holding a dozen teams and a dozen free agents hostage. When did this ever happen before with another star? Never, because all the championship caliber superstars never left their original teams via free agency...jordan, kobe, duncan. As much as I would laugh if Lebron left Miami, I would think even less of James as a player. To me, it's pretty pathetic that players chase championships so easily by leaving teams left and right...there's no loyalty left.

Yea, this is pretty ridiculous. It's fun to follow but the way things are trending these days, it's pretty absurd that literally one player is holding a dozen teams and a dozen free agents hostage. When did this ever happen before with another star? Never, because all the championship caliber superstars never left their original teams via free agency...jordan, kobe, duncan. As much as I would laugh if Lebron left Miami, I would think even less of James as a player. To me, it's pretty pathetic that players chase championships so easily by leaving teams left and right...there's no loyalty left.
Nope, no loyalty left. Lebron is a joke, the league is a joke.

Perhaps my excitement stems from the possibility of James returning to Cle but I find this free agency period pretty exciting. Deep down I feel all this will turn out lackluster but for the moment, it is pretty fun.

While I hope he returns to Cle, I wouldn't begrudge the guy with either choice. Either he'll stay in Miami and "buy" championships or return to Cle and "chase" championships so with some folks the guy cannot win.

I hope LBJ goes back to the heat, although he would look good in a Lakers uniform.

I'm betting Gilbert post a "open letter 2.0" on the Cavs site as soon as James rejects them again, lol.

Gilbert=his own worst enemy

I'm hoping he goes back to the Cavs. It's not about Gilbert but make amends with the fans of that team and fans in that city. Him chasing titles there would actually be more valuable than anything he did in Miami.

It would make for a good story...but Kyrie Irving notwithstanding, would he want to deal with an unproven NBA coach and a first year GM?

Its hard to work for a boss you don't respect. If your boss had said those things to you, in front of all of your co-workers, family, friends, and the entire world to see what it would it take for you to go back and work for him? Especially if you had another job opportunity that was willing to pay you the exact same amount of money and promised to provide you every opportunity to improve your career?!

Its hard to work for a boss you don't respect. If your boss had said those things to you, in front of all of your co-workers, family, friends, and the entire world to see what it would it take for you to go back and work for him? Especially if you had another job opportunity that was willing to pay you the exact same amount of money and promised to provide you every opportunity to improve your career?!

as much as it would be fun to see Lebron going to Cle...I would think less of him for sure. I mean, I'm not a fan of Lebron, but Dan Gilbert is a straight up rich ****** bag. He's almost as bad as Sterling. If Lebron spurns Cle again, it would be fun to see Gilbert get ****ed in the ass again. I just want to see that team suck forever as long as Gilbert owns them...sorry Cle fans...

Take Gilbert's money and run. It's about legacy and what the fans think of you. Jordan didn't give a **** about Reinsdorf during his career. It was about Rings, legacy, and what the fans thought.

Take Gilbert's money and run. It's about legacy and what the fans think of you. Jordan didn't give a **** about Reinsdorf during his career. It was about Rings, legacy, and what the fans thought.

Fans who burned his jersey? And decried him? There was only one town that stood with lebron against the world and it wasn't Cleveland. I promise you this the reaction in Miami will not be what it was in Cleveland. You won't see miami people collecting outside of Lebrons personal home.

The biggest issue isnt taking Gilbert's money and running….its that the second Lebron goes to CLE he PUTS 500 million dollars in Gilberts pocket in value alone… what's 105 million to Gilbert then?! He's gonna get the money from the Heat or Cavs either way. In fact he can get MORE from miami if he so desires. He should trust Riley to build a winner. Miami was competitive in the 90s, then again in the 2000's with shaq. A few down years notwithstanding the Heat are always a playoff team. The cavs? Not so much. Maybe next year the Heat won't win… but that doesn't mean the Heat won't be right back there again. If its about legacy then he should STAY. Riley has proven consistency… outside of lucking into 4 number 1 picks (one of which has bombed) what have the cave done?!

Unproven coach. New GM. ****** Owner.

Hell, Irving and Wade have played in almost the SAME amount of games in the last three years and Wade's muuuuch more efficient.

I'm sure Lebron has no love lost for Gilbert, but like Josh, I wonder if he isn't considering the Cavs as a means of establishing himself a stronger legacy. Winning championships with other all-stars and former champs/MVPs is one thing. Doing it without that would remove an implicit asterisk next to him in the minds of fans and analysts. I personally don't really care much, except that Cleveland has been such a crappy sports town for so long--like New Orleans was--that for their fans I would kind of like to see Lebron go there.

Fans who burned his jersey? And decried him? There was only one town that stood with lebron against the world and it wasn't Cleveland. I promise you this the reaction in Miami will not be what it was in Cleveland. You won't see miami people collecting outside of Lebrons personal home.

The biggest issue isnt taking Gilbert's money and running….its that the second Lebron goes to CLE he PUTS 500 million dollars in Gilberts pocket in value alone… what's 105 million to Gilbert then?! He's gonna get the money from the Heat or Cavs either way. In fact he can get MORE from miami if he so desires. He should trust Riley to build a winner. Miami was competitive in the 90s, then again in the 2000's with shaq. A few down years notwithstanding the Heat are always a playoff team. The cavs? Not so much. Maybe next year the Heat won't win… but that doesn't mean the Heat won't be right back there again. If its about legacy then he should STAY. Riley has proven consistency… outside of lucking into 4 number 1 picks (one of which has bombed) what have the cave done?!

Unproven coach. New GM. ****** Owner.

Hell, Irving and Wade have played in almost the SAME amount of games in the last three years and Wade's muuuuch more efficient.

No knock on Riley bro, but all he did was clear space for them once they decided where they wanted to play

Back