1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sure there are pics but I can't find any, did anybody put a different head sculpt on the hot toys wolverine from the last stand?

I regret pre ordering this now.

I think the Soosoo toys version will be better the head sculpt already looked a lot more accurate.

I?m surprised they haven?t teased jean and storm yet.

Bah classic Toys Era. Not great, but not bad either. They always show an ambitious prototype, but in the end they make odd production choices and the figure feels like a letdown. But it's either that or we wait for SooSoo (also a hit or miss)... Because there's almost no 1/6 X-Men figures out there.

I'm just happy to have Beast in that scale.

Happy 20th anniversary of the first X-Men film!

89C8A487-907E-4717-A2F0-BC953099D08B.jpg

Now hot toys has the fox licence back will we get any fox x men ?

I really doubt it. They’ve had the licenses for DOFP, X-Men III, and First Class (at least) for over five years now and barely did anything with them apart from some Wolverines.

They’re just putting those Cosbabies out because they require absolutely no effort.

I'm doubtful as well, but Disney has a pretty extensive working relationship with HT, THAT alone may facilitate activity on the license. Lord knows they focus almost exclusively on the MCU and Star Wars... On the other hand, it might just be they don't see the property as profitable (rather than Fox being difficult to work with).

I was under the impression that Hot Toys has had the license for years to do any marvel film character, but non Marvel Studios characters require a sign-off from the actor to use their likeness. Hence why we got 4 Jackmans and no one else (and 3 Deadpools with no unmasked head). They also tend to focus on what’s “Hot.”

I was under the impression that Hot Toys has had the license for years to do any marvel film character, but non Marvel Studios characters require a sign-off from the actor to use their likeness. Hence why we got 4 Jackmans and no one else (and 3 Deadpools with no unmasked head). They also tend to focus on what?s ?Hot.?
I doubt we have any reliable information about what the terms of the license are. HT doesn't talk about this stuff, and I imagine individual actors have differing terms in their contracts when it comes to likenesses and merchandising--especially on the Fox side.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

The problem was that Disney didn't allow toys to be made for the Fox movies because they didn't want to promote them. Hasbro is only doing X-Men and Deadpool figures now that Fox is owned by Disney. It was a semi-conspiracy theory but now that the deal is done and these companies are going back and releasing products for them basically confirms that it was 100% happening. What movie company would turn down licensing?

The problem was that Disney didn't allow toys to be made for the Fox movies because they didn't want to promote them. Hasbro is only doing X-Men and Deadpool figures now that Fox is owned by Disney. It was a semi-conspiracy theory but now that the deal is done and these companies are going back and releasing products for them basically confirms that it was 100% happening. What movie company would turn down licensing?
Absolutely! There's no way any of this 20th Anniversary merchandise would have been produced if Disney hadn't bought Fox out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back