1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the way they used Rogue in the first two movies, and the bond she developed with Logan, but I can also understand how it's probably not the version of the character most comic book fans were hoping to see.

All they did was copy jubilee from the 90s and rogues power, that's not good writing.

Not quite. She's an amalgam of Kitty, Rogue, and Jubilee. Jubilee was a mall rat and a gymnast.

It was crap all the same, doesn't matter how many characters they stole from in order to make rogue garbage.

I liked the way they used Rogue in the first two movies, and the bond she developed with Logan, but I can also understand how it's probably not the version of the character most comic book fans were hoping to see.

None of the characters were what I was hoping to see. It’s as if the people making these movies just got a list of characters, some drawings, and what their abilities were, then threw them in a movie without ever reading the comics, knowing who was connected to who and how, and didn’t really give a **** if they honored any pre-existing history, because they wanted to focus on Wolverine. Anyone remember the 90s when Rogue and Magneto had a romantic relationship in the Savage Land? Can anyone picture snaggle-toothed Anna Paquin having sex with 900 year old Ian McKellan?

None of the characters were what I was hoping to see. It’s as if the people making these movies just got a list of characters, some drawings, and what their abilities were, then threw them in a movie without ever reading the comics, knowing who was connected to who and how, and didn’t really give a **** if they honored any pre-existing history, because they wanted to focus on Wolverine. Anyone remember the 90s when Rogue and Magneto had a romantic relationship in the Savage Land? Can anyone picture snaggle-toothed Anna Paquin having sex with 900 year old Ian McKellan?

Ooohh I know I can... :) o_O

I agree up to a point. They should have been content to recast and build on the franchise instead of doing a weird contradictory reboot.

However, Magneto was reduced in age by a mutate so Rogue was getting down with a younger version and even then he was still 20 years older than her, so your mileage may vary.

I thought Rogue lacked sass, Iceman lacked mischief, and Nightcrawler lacked panache but many of the others were good approximations. Halle was fine if you compare her to Storm when she first joined the team. The real problem was letting Wolverine dominate too much and that remains true in 1/6 circles too.

I know they're cool but I'd be so happy if Quicksilver and Mystique and Magneto would *****k off so I can actually enjoy the X-men please.

They should have been content to recast and build on the franchise instead of doing a weird contradictory reboot.

I agree. I so hoped for a reboot to finally see the original team in action. It was cool to see them back in the comics.

all-new-xmen-the-next-five-x-men-movies-could-get-seriously-dark-png-237504.0.0.jpg

It was probably too hard/expensive to do visual effects in the early 2000's, so they went with a a safe cast of humans for the first movie and kinda got stuck with it. It took three ****ing movies just to see Iceman transform. And poor Angel... A minor role in the first "trilogy" and a ****** vilain in the soft reboot....

I agree. I so hoped for a reboot to finally see the original team in action. It was cool to see them back in the comics.

View attachment 415971

It was probably too hard/expensive to do visual effects in the early 2000's, so they went with a a safe cast of humans for the first movie and kinda got stuck with it. It took three ****ing movies just to see Iceman transform. And poor Angel... A minor role in the first "trilogy" and a ****** vilain in the soft reboot....

We have to give the first movie some credit since it revolutionised what super heroe movies could be and was a hit with mainstream audiences. Without it, we might not have the Marvel megalith. It was well cast, well acted, and intriguing. Its flaw was that it paved the way for the Wolverine show instead of the X-men. Wolverine always had the potential for his own movies so in the X-men the others should have become the protagonists but they blew it by making X2 about him again and then letting him take Cyclops' role in X3 (partly due to schedule conflicts).

One thing I wanted to see was an acknowledgement that events in Apocalypse were new i.e. Did not happen in the original timeline. I would not have minded Angel as a horseman if they had at least acknowledged he was twice the age he should be, maybe by showing he was outed as a mutant early and had his wings taken away his with sugery, and then enhanced and aged by Apocalypse.
They also should not have eclipsed him with Storm, and made Storm's flight as clumsy as a gust of wind like in X1. Still cool, but clumsy.

I thought that using established X-men as the horsemen felt like they were reaching for a civil war vibe but it just multiplied the number of established characters to whom they couldn't do justice. I would have preferred some cannon fodder villains to allow Angel to stand out.

In fact, I would have preferred X4 to be the Marauders Massacre, X5 to be Apocalypse, and X6 to be DOFP but that was just me.

Funny, I had the same idea and tracked down the FigureMasters Magneto and also picked up Prof. X.

We have to give the first movie some credit since it revolutionised what super heroe movies could be and was a hit with mainstream audiences. Without it, we might not have the Marvel megalith. It was well cast, well acted, and intriguing. Its flaw was that it paved the way for the Wolverine show instead of the X-men. Wolverine always had the potential for his own movies so in the X-men the others should have become the protagonists but they blew it by making X2 about him again and then letting him take Cyclops' role in X3 (partly due to schedule conflicts).

Agreed. They may have taken some liberties with the comics, but still did a great job exploring the themes behind them and making a team of mutant superheroes actually work on screen and not seem cheesy as hell.

And after just rewatching them all, I'd say the majority (X1, X2, FC, DOFP, Wolverine, and Logan) make for much stronger movies, with richer and more complex characters, than a lot of the more formulaic MCU stuff.

Agreed. They may have taken some liberties with the comics, but still did a great job exploring the themes behind them and making a team of mutant superheroes actually work on screen and not seem cheesy as hell.

And after just rewatching them all, I'd say the majority (X1, X2, FC, DOFP, Wolverine, and Logan) make for much stronger movies, with richer and more complex characters, than a lot of the more formulaic MCU stuff.

I watched them five in a row one new years day excluding Origins (which I dislike), FC (which I like but has continuity errors), and Apocalypse/Logan (which were not out). And DOFP serves as a great capstone to to those five movies. They fit together really well.

Apocalypse wasn't so bad second time round but the continuity errors do grate and the only things that are troubling in Logan is the disconnect between the two Calibans and that the implied fate of the X-men is so dire it has the same effect as Alien 3.

In some ways, I wish they'd park Phoenix and deal with other classic stories but if Marvel/Disney is taking over I just hope they don't screw with continuity even more.

Either way, I'm collecting 1/6 in X2/3 uniforms, including some characters who did not appear.

awesome! i just put the young xavier together on a frakenstein body i had of a slim and regular combo. what body did you use? is that the cgl blue suit outfit all stock ?

The CGL suit is all stock, very nice quality probably one of the best out there however I really don't know what kind of body it's made for, it says a standard narrow shoulder but I have my doubts, mine is on an old Medicom Han Solo body I had lying about and Medicoms are known for being undersized and the suit is still a tight fit. I had to lengthen the legs to get his feet on the chair and sitting at the same time.

He does look good though :)

Also in that picture the two professors have swapped chairs, the CGL chair is a bit bigger than the Figurematers one so I put Patric on the bigger chair.

I would be more excited if these companies were quicker with releases. Looks good though.

Figuremasters has knocked Charles and Erik out of the park. As a lifelong X-Men fan, I couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

• 4CEBF6A8-7C1A-4EE5-9B55-9786CC0F8D48.jpg
    4CEBF6A8-7C1A-4EE5-9B55-9786CC0F8D48.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 184
Back