Gears of War: Judgement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is Aftermath?

It takes place after Judgement and around the end of Gears 3 when Baird and Cole go off to get reinforcements for Marcus. In Aftermath we see where they go and what they have to do to get additional support.

It's included in Judgement...you have to have unlocked 40 stars to access it, which is pretty easy if you do the campaign.

This game is pretty damn good. I'm liking it for reasons that people have said they dont. Go figure. :lol

yeah after playing some campaign last night it feels to me as if Cliffy B and his team did the campaign right before they left and then the new team picked up on the multiplayer and re-did it all and dumbed it down. I still dont know what to think about it all.

The campaign is fun, but im more of a MP guy so thats where it falls short and the game play is just so different it doesnt feel like a Gears game anymore. Its more of a generic shooter sort of a mix of Call of duty and Gears together.

It takes place after Judgement and around the end of Gears 3 when Baird and Cole go off to get reinforcements for Marcus. In Aftermath we see where they go and what they have to do to get additional support.

It's included in Judgement...you have to have unlocked 40 stars to access it, which is pretty easy if you do the campaign.

Ok, cool, thanks

I loved the campaign, especially Aftermath. The dialog in Aftermath had me cracking up several times.

Just started some MP. Tried Survival. Too early to tell if I will like it, but I can say I really miss Horde. :monkey2

I'm with you. Up until last week I was still doing insane Horde runs every night. Even got my Onyx wings figuring I'd be rewarded with a skin or medal in Judgement for it. No such luck.

I'm hoping some version of Horde will be part of a DLC. Preferably without the new class based system if possible.

I'm with you. Up until last week I was still doing insane Horde runs every night. Even got my Onyx wings figuring I'd be rewarded with a skin or medal in Judgement for it. No such luck.

I'm hoping some version of Horde will be part of a DLC. Preferably without the new class based system if possible.

:exactly::goodpost: I find the new class system too restrictive in terms of weapons and opponents.

Been playing today , received my copy early. I didn't get my hammerburst code in the case so I'll be emailing them.

As for the game itself I think from what I've played so far ( multiplayer only ) it's just good. I've seen several inconsistencies already with weapons and have experienced lag in a few games.

I'm disappointed with the amount of playable characters available and it seems as if the whole customization aspect is to do with mostly purchasing things with microsoft points.
If they truly want to let the players customize their characters it's about time Gears got character creation , Halo has managed it for a long while and it works great.

I'll be starting the campaign tomorrow with my friend , my hopes aren't high but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I'm also surprised there wasn't any unlockables for stuff from gears 1-3

Same here....it seems they have discovered there is too much money to be made of off microtransactions than allowing rewards like unlockables...its pretty depressing to me

I am hoping that future DLC has a Horde or Beast mode. Compared to Gears 3, this has about half the MP modes.

Been playing today , received my copy early. I didn't get my hammerburst code in the case so I'll be emailing them.

As for the game itself I think from what I've played so far ( multiplayer only ) it's just good. I've seen several inconsistencies already with weapons and have experienced lag in a few games.

I'm disappointed with the amount of playable characters available and it seems as if the whole customization aspect is to do with mostly purchasing things with microsoft points.
If they truly want to let the players customize their characters it's about time Gears got character creation , Halo has managed it for a long while and it works great.

I'll be starting the campaign tomorrow with my friend , my hopes aren't high but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I enjoyed the campaigns, especially Aftermath. Lots of great one liners in it. :lol

I'm enjoying the game and its fun but definitely some gripes. I don't like how the campaign is laid out. Admittedly I'm only on act 3 but it seems like they don't have levels, but rooms. Enter room, gear up and activate special mission, pass it, and move on to next room. Some rooms are bigger than others but rooms nonetheless.

I also don't like that they made the pistol a main weapon. I will only ever pick up a pistol if I had absolutely no choice. Also the grenade bothers me, I'll be in the middle of a battle and I hit LB and in the time it takes to pull it out and start it swinging, I get blasted. Also don't like the fact I can run up to guys and stick em, I have to throw the grenade and hope they don't move out of the way.

Ultimately this isn't as good as Gears 3, not by a long shot.

After playing a few hours of the campaign last night I agree with most of the posts here. The new Classified missions and all this star rating stuff really pulled me out of the story to the point where I didn't even know what was going on half of the time. They really should have included an optional arcade mode for all of this stuff like in Gears 3 and kept the normal campaign focused on the story alone.

Yeah, I must say that the Stars icon to the left really threw me off, and do wish that the arcade mode was separate...

Had Epic released this as a budget title at $30, I could see where they were coming from with some of these changes...

to bad the kiss butt fannboys at Gears Wars forums love everything so EPIC will probably keep as is for futurre. how many times did you look for a down teamate only to throw a grenade. not use to Y button switching just two weapon

Oh trust me, there is a lot of complaining over at the EPIC forums; the most I've ever seen over a release. Epic is taking notice, no doubt

I am getting far into mission or section 1 - digging it. Different for sure, but a very nice looking game, and the Locust seem to have better AI to me

Back