Gears 2 Replica lancer - Help wanted!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveMac

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone own the Gears of War 2 replica lancer made by Neca? It is the the chainsaw version, not the Retro version.
I have recently picked a couple up, one with part front sight in place and one without. The part front sight is just the round holder and from looking at some pictures it looks like there should be a clear plastic 'sight' inside as there is at the back.
If anyone can post a few close up, clear pics it would be much appreciated :wave

Here are the Gears lancers I managed to get. I have had a go at respraying one from the 'gold' which was only allowed for UK versions.

I know the gold version is in the COG universe, but I also wanted a more 'realistic', battle worn grungy version for display purposes so set about respraying one of them. The look is not game precise but one I wanted to make more 'personal'.

gun3.jpg

gun2.jpg

gun4.jpg

gun5.jpg

Black plastic primer paint spray was used to coat the beast after giving it a wash down with detergent and fine sanding. Some milliput was used to tone down some of the joint seams. Next came a layer of silver overlaid with matt black whilst the silver was still wet (a tip picked up on the 'tube') to give a cast metalic look. The outer casing was painted with a clever little enamel that goes on dull grey, but buffs to a metallic steel look. Vinyl black and metallic silver was mixed for parts of the handle and main body grip.
The rust effect adds to the well used effect I think :hmm I had given thought to the notion that a soldier would keep it well cleaned, but it is in constant use in the game and should look as gritty as the characters. A bit more work on the business end of the chainsaw and of course the 'Crimson Omen' logo on the removeable ammo pack and it's job done I think :cool

Oh dear... my "I WANT ONE NOW" alarm is ringing... I've always wanted them to release replica warhammer 40k weapons but they never have.

Back