GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB's Godless Creations

This is my favorite paint job I have seen for this figure! I just picked up the Vampyre on e bay last week. Good work!

Hey, thanks! I actually painted him 3 times. My first pass was too conservative and his skin was too gray. So I took the paint off and tried again, this time he seemed too wild and I let the paint get too think. (Note to self: take before and during shots.) So I stripped it again and found the happy medium.

When I run out my own heads to paint, maybe I'll open up shop to paint other people's Vampyres if there's interest.

The thing about Anakin is he has so much hair. And there's so many nooks and crannies in there. Just painting it brown made him look like a 70s glam rocker. I had to put in streaks of color to make it look natural. Anyway I'm getting ready to paint my Sith Eyed Anakin soon and I haven't decided which way to go with him. Might just do this paint scheme again and trim down the collection by selling him off. Then again, a Sith Eyed Anakin would be a fun challenge. Anyhow...

ani2-1.jpg
leftprofile.jpg
rightprofileani.jpg

Here's some fun shots of Vamp Will. With her outfit, it's hard not to pose her in... romantic poses.

IMG_2550.jpg
IMG_2564.jpg
IMG_2602.jpg

Last edited:

The work on Orlock is amazing. You've really brought out the detail in the sculpt, especially around the eyes and his wicked teeth. Really tempts me me to dig mine out and paint him up. The poses with Willow make him look like The Master :D

The work on Ani. is great too, I particualarly like how sharp you made the scar. Topnotch! The differences in the skintone are very realistic too. :rock

And of course Obi-Wan and Wolverine in your sig/ava. are badass too! I'm diggin how intense Wolvie looks!

Thanks for the comments, Mando. I worked real hard on Obi and Wolvie and badass was what I was going for! :D

willow and Nos are getting cozy. :lol What combo of face colors did you use for Nos? thinking about repainting mine but don't want to screw it up. love the complextion noferatu has in your repaint. :D

gdb,

I like the way you painted the scar on Anakins face. It looks just like a fresh cut, amazing. Post some pics of the sith anakin when you finish with him.

drod26, thanks about the scar. It was simple line of light pink next to a line of reddish pink. I'm leaning toward doing up another regular Ani and setting him lose on the world but whichever way I go, I will post pics. :)

Saya, painting Nosferatu is fun and highly recommended! It would be cool if repainting Orlock becomes a Freaks board meme. I wish I had a before picture because there is so much more potential under the factory paint than one would think. His color scheme is burnt umber highlighting a mix of titanium white and cadmium red medium.

When painting, don't forget to have fun with the back of his head.

IMG_2672.jpg
IMG_2673.jpg

For reference pics I went with the life size bust and premium format figure on the Sideshow site... https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2924FLEX&utm_source=search0109

Thanks, Morbach!

Saya, you're very welcome! I look forward to seeing your Nos. :rock

drod26, thanks about the scar. It was simple line of light pink next to a line of reddish pink. I'm leaning toward doing up another regular Ani and setting him lose on the world but whichever way I go, I will post pics. :)

cool man.. just set it lose.. that is how you get practice and create your own style. I am going to start on painting a dark Luke this weekend.. I will be my first try so lets see how it turns out...

A dark Luke sounds fun! I'm too much of a traditionalist to start one myself but as I'm finishing up my Jedi Luke right now I can see how giving him Dark Side features sure would give the sculpt some punch. He's got that big melon of a head and those giant, saucer-like eyes. It's all just asking for some color and wickedness.

Last edited:

Been busy with work lately but I found the time to shoot Qui Gon last night. Maul's next.

The thing about Qui Gon is his hair. In the movie he always wears it forward, on his shoulder. While his facial hair really isn't as simple as one would think facial hair should be. Looking at screen caps there's all these tufts of hair and then patches of flesh and none of his hair is the same color.

IMG_2709-1.jpg
IMG_2715-1.jpg
IMG_2747-2.jpg

Last edited:

I forgot I took before pics of Qui Gon... I'm not sure what happened to his eyebrow. In the background is a glimpse of my workspace and my current paint brand of choice.
IMG_1833.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the comments! Kuzeh, yeah it's almost too fun at times. I have the urge to paint all of my figures, even the ones that really don't need it.

Saya, I use acrylics. But sometimes I'll use them like oil and do some color mixing on the head.

Back