Gandalf's Staff from The Hobbit: Noble Collection VS United Cutlery VS Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So noble collection's staff has the light up feature, weta's has a claim to being a direct cast from prop molds.

But what does UC's offer? Does it have the nail?

So noble collection's staff has the light up feature, weta's has a claim to being a direct cast from prop molds.

But what does UC's offer? Does it have the nail?

It offers a great looking staff for the money...that's what

Wow, my Gandalf staff arrived today from Budk! I was kind of shocked it actually made it here before Christmas. I love it, it looks really fantastic. I'll try to take some pics at some point.

I ordered the Weta Gandalf and Radagst along with the UC Gandalf staff. I've yet to receive any of em but that's okay. I'm patient. ;)

Does anyone know how we can make sure someone (weta or UC) makes a proper Saruman staff to go with the Radagast and Gandalf rods?

The uc saruman staff sucks. What you should do if you want good replicas of that and the old gandy staves, is make noise. Here, and over on the shadow and flame boards. Let them know you are interested and there is a good chance weta will do them. Lots of us want them! :)

The uc saruman staff sucks. What you should do if you want good replicas of that and the old gandy staves, is make noise. Here, and over on the shadow and flame boards. Let them know you are interested and there is a good chance weta will do them. Lots of us want them! :)

Start a thread and I'll join in

Me too (Saruman).... and the gandalf staff from LOTR too...

Anyone can explain me why the staff change from one movie to another? (Wooden version, not the white one)

The uc saruman staff sucks.

Yeah the previous Saruman staff looks nothing like the film, especially the gem at the crown. Well, at least in my opinion it didn't... I was hoping since they are doing Radagast and Gandalf that we'd get a Saruman redux. :wink1:

Also... does anyone think that at some point Gandalf takes Radagast's staff? Or is the rune just a coincidence?

Also... does anyone think that at some point Gandalf takes Radagast's staff? Or is the rune just a coincidence?

Irs the running rumour for sure. Would explain at least why in Jackson's LOTR trilogy that Radagast never makes an appearance (yet he did in the books)

I don't think it has anything to do with the staff, I thing Radagast wasn't in LotR just because PJ didn't think he did anything to advance his adaptation of the story.

But who know, the way Gandalf goes through staffs, it wouldn't surprise me. :lol

I don't think it has anything to do with the staff, I thing Radagast wasn't in LotR just because PJ didn't think he did anything to advance his adaptation of the story.

But who know, the way Gandalf goes through staffs, it wouldn't surprise me. :lol

That was the case at the time but they sort of have to give some explanation as to why Radagast is not in the trilogy now that he has been introduced in the Hobbit.

What if Peter Jackson has Radagast killed at Dol Guldur?...Maybe Radagast saves Gandalf's life?...Gandalf takes his staff....might happen...Could be a Borimir type of death with emotional impact...Just thinking out loud...

so we don't know for sure if Weta will be doing more props from this movie? I really want a Necromancer dagger.

It has allready been made by United Cutlery from real steel and no plastic. Officially it's the Dagger of the Witchking from LOTR, but both look the same. It's selling for quiet a good price, not that popular.

Back