Game of the Year 2010 SSF - A discussion and retrospective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really not a fan of Westerns, but RDR was the only game that screamed GOTY.

It kind of makes me bummed that there wasn't one game I played this year that stood above the rest. A lot of sequels that were just more of the same really, from BioShock 2, to Mario Galaxy 2.

There were a lot of solid games but nothing great, nothing that really said here I am game of the year!

You don't play PC games do you?

GOTY: Mass Effect 2 And Red Dead
Runner Up Halo Reach (Multiplayer is not quite as good as BFBC, but the campaign beats it easy)

Best Multiplayer: BFBC 2/Vietnam
Best Racer Need: For Speed Hot Pursuit
Best DLC: Undead Nightmare
Best Fighter: Super Street Fighter IV
Most disappointing: Medal of Honor, but I am sure they will improve on next year's game

My GOTY was Lego Harry Potter. It really felt like the TakeTwo guys hit their stride and knew what they wanted in the game. The length of the levels and controls were highly superior to their last few attempts.

Runner Up- Mass Effect 2. Couldn't hold a candle to 1 but it was fun.

Letdown of the year? Final Fantasy 13. How many times did I have to convince myself to play the game? I kept waiting for it to get good and it never did. So sad.

I've been playing Revenge of the Titans if that counts, and I really used to be into Warcraft 3, I used to play every day when I got off work for a good long while when it first came out.

Not into Starcraft or World of Warcraft though.

Nice. Yea I wa into Warcraft 3 for a while but then I was annoyed with the hero system so I got out of it. StarCraft is where it is at. I played WoW for about 2 months but it wasn't for me.

Nice. Yea I wa into Warcraft 3 for a while but then I was annoyed with the hero system so I got out of it. StarCraft is where it is at. I played WoW for about 2 months but it wasn't for me.

Yeah I used to love playing WarCraft. I have the original as well as Warcarft II and the expansion. I used to play the first one over my friends house all the time when it first came out and then I bought the triple pack of 1, 2, and expansion.

I hope WarCraft 4 comes out one day. Revenge of the Titans is pretty fun.

I'd give it to Bad Company 2. Incredible 32 player MP combat with a ton of support(still), unlocks, perks, evolving/changing and destructable environments, free map packs, and one of the greatest expansions I've ever played (Vietnam). You can play for days and not even get around to all the maps.

i'm a little late on this topic but here goes

GOTY: Alan Wake!!
No other game in 2010 made me feel what i felt playing this game! It was the most suspenseful, scary and intriguing game i have ever played. The story, voice acting, soundtrack and graphics all worked so beautifully together. I bought and finished both DLC's, prior to this game i never ever purchased any DLC's. This is my game of 2010!

RUNNER UP: Red Dead Redemption
Need i say more! the best western game ever! Full of detail! just spectacular!

Best new franchise: HEAVY RAIN
A very unique and wonderful new way to play games! loved it!

How did 2010 stack up to previous years?

2010 was the year of the video game! it generated more money than the movie industry! HUGE releases in 2010 like Call of Duty BO, Mass effect 2! Super Mario Galaxy 2! the list goes on!

2010 was a wonderful year to be a gamer! let's hope the years to come keep entertaining us, thrilling us and keep us doing what we love to do...game!!!!!!!

Motion gaming has changed the gaming world, KINECT is selling like crazy. I am not a fan myself and hope Motion gaming is not the wave of the future, i like to hold a controller in my hand!

Back