Game case furniture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THX-182

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm looking to get some shelving to store my games on but I don't really know where to look. I have 600+ games ranging from NES, SNES, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, Gamecube, PC, and various handhelds. I currently have all my disc based games stored in CD sleeve binders with the cases in boxes in the garage and my cartridge based games in my closet. It works fine but it's a pain to locate what game I want to play and I'd like to keep them in certain order and when I acquire a new one it messes up the location in the sleeves. I want to be able to walk up to a shelf and grab a game or look at the instruction manual if I need to. I also like to look at a shelf full of games.

Places like Walmart and Best Buy have smaller shoulder height DVD shelves but they don't hold as many so I'd need many of them and take up a lot of room. So I'm looking to get some taller ones that are wide enough to hold a lot per shelf and tall enough to have plenty of DVD case sized shelves.

How do some of you store your game cases and where did you get your shelves?

Yeah I've got a few of those that all my books are on. Problem is they aren't really made of very good material. They sag after a while if heavy things are on them and the shelves are way too big for game cases.

i havent had any trouble with mine but then again i've had mine for about 8 months so who knows in a couple of years.:thud:

Have you checked out IKEA? Quite literally all my furniture is from them. I use this to hold all my Blu-ray and DVDs. I'm sure you'll find something that'll fit your needs.

Vintage4.jpg

Vintage5.jpg

This is technically a DVD shelf with adjustable shelves. I adjusted the shelves to accommodate my games (no modding).

I'd look into DVD shelves and aim for adjustable shelves.

I don't know where my step dad got this but I know it is affordable.

Yeah I'm looking to find some that are made for DVD sized cases. Something with smaller spacing between shelves that will accommodate many shelves and only deep enough for DVDs, CD's and such.

I can find a lot of them but they only hold around 80 to 100 or so. I'm trying to find some that are tall and can accommodate at least a couple hundred each. So basically I'm trying to find some shelves that will allow me to have as many items on it per unit to cut down on the number of shelving units.

I might have to end up building some to meet my needs.

Back