GalactiCustoms! ☢ Commissions Closed !!!☢ Will Resume later in the Fall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! ANH Luke!!!

Here's a custom ANH Luke I finished today.

I chopped off his neck and put him on a Pro 1.0 body. Gave it a repaint and swapped out the tunic for the nicer looking (although not as well tailored) Hasbro one.

The pictures are a touch dark, the one on-display is pretty accurate as to the look in-hand.

lukef.jpg

lukeh.jpg

lukei.jpg

lukej.jpg

lukek.jpg

lukeg.jpg

Here he is on display:
een-1.jpg

Here's the before:
(right after I chopped off the neck)

CE946109-6868-41A9-A724-F63632F14138-4522-0000047FB791AF0D.jpg

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I took a few more pics with his display lighting I'll post later on.

Here's some shots of Luke on display and in more natural lighting:

lukeo.jpg

lukel.jpg

lukem.jpg

luken.jpg

I will say the more i look at him the less I like the neck. I may have to get one of the more realistically sculpted ones and swap it out. No idea why HT and Sideshow ever used these crappy looking things :huh

Great work GB! I agree those necks are somewhat distracting though. He would definitely benefit from a body with a sculpted neck, but he looks fantastic nonetheless. :rock

Thanks man :duff

And I agree a fixed neck would be ideal, but the trouble is finding a short stature body with a fixed neck. I think some of the HT Slims have fixed necks, but I think they're for a 6" character. The pro body neck opening kind of allows you to get away with a long neck plug, but this smooth plastic crap with a weird V-indentation sucks :lol I think I have an extra Captain America... but I fear it will be too thick.

That luke does look excellent but I had the same thought but did'nt mention it about the neck joint.
How about a soldier story body with moulded neck?
They look nice and would be the same build, maybe a bit tall but you could always cut down the legs if you felt it needed it.

That luke does look excellent but I had the same thought but did'nt mention it about the neck joint.
How about a soldier story body with moulded neck?
They look nice and would be the same build, maybe a bit tall but you could always cut down the legs if you felt it needed it.

You know I was thinking no on the SS due to height... but funny I didn't even think about modding one :duh I'll look into that since I've got 2 of them waiting around for a project.

Great work mate very nice repaint

what about the DX Jack sparrow body?

Another option... although I think those are a bit on the pricey side, so I'll try out the Soldier Story firts. But if not I think that and maybe the Sweeney Todd bodies have the same design.

Cool hope it works for you nice display.
There should be more range in bodies in height/girth for sale, but guess where theres a will theres a way;)

Yeah, I do think the Soldier story will work just fine. Since the pants aren't super tight I think I can easily cut out enough height in the thighs to give him a good size in relation to Han (who is also on a Solider Story body).

And I can do the same to arms if needed since those robes are quite forgiving :lol I'll mess around with it a bit this weekend :duff

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! OG Anakin Skywalker WIP!!!

Started working on a Shaw Anakin Skywalker figure tonight... had the parts for a bit, but just stated painting. I may touch up the paint a bit, but I'm happy with him so far:

anakinaps.jpg

GB,

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwbV75xBf4U&feature=related[/ame]

Ski

Here's some shots of Luke on display and in more natural lighting:

lukeo.jpg

lukel.jpg

lukem.jpg

luken.jpg

I will say the more i look at him the less I like the neck. I may have to get one of the more realistically sculpted ones and swap it out. No idea why HT and Sideshow ever used these crappy looking things :huh

WOW, great Luke's!!! Awesome job.

Thanks man :duff

And as a small update regarding Luke, I attempted to swap him to a fixed neck body but when I did that the proportions got all messed-up so for now I'm sticking with the so-so neck until another solution presents itself.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! OG Anakin Done!!!

And here's Old Man Anakin, or Old Manakin as I like to call him:

anakinb.jpg

anakinc.jpg

anakind.jpg

anakine.jpg

anakinf.jpg

anaking.jpg

Breakdown:
Hasbro: Head (repainted), pants, tunic and undershirt.
Sideshow:Body Pro 1.1, Qui Gon Boots and Robe
Belt made from a leather scrap and the buckle from the Hasbro figure, and doohickeys from a craft store.

And a ghostly one for fun...

anakincops.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! OG Anakin Done!!!

And for fun a quick Ghost Trio shot*

anakinhpstrio.jpg

*note that Kenobi is stock and Yoda is mostly stock.

Back