GalactiCustoms! ☢ Commissions Closed !!!☢ Will Resume later in the Fall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Leatherface Finished!!!

I'll keep any eye out for you if I see any offered on the boards... last year a company on Amazon was blowing them out for $20 a piece as well as a few other Sideshow figures. With patience a decent deal can usually be found :duff

Yeah it's for the best can't afford right now and already have a few other commitments to honor.
20 dollars is a good deal sometimes you just gotta bite:)

I wish I had more patience, I am learning, but just wish I could learn quicker:)

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! POTA Taylor!!!

I decided to work on my Sideshow Planet of the Apes Taylor figure today. I switched him over to a true type, weathered the outfit and repainted the head. This is my first attempt with stubble and I think it turned out pretty good.

I was going for a few days into the Forbidden Zone look:

taylora.jpg

taylord.jpg

taylorb.jpg

taylore.jpg

taylorc.jpg

taylorg.jpg

taylorf.jpg

Sadly I did not take a good before picture... but here is one a took a few years ago: And here's a review over at CTR: Astronaut taylor

trexj.jpg

Well aren't you just a little customizing machine of late.

Looks much better than Sideshow's fresh from the laundry look.

Stuble is a hard paint app to pull off, or at least it is for me.Well done, good sir.

Great paint work mate, i am also astonished how much better this looks on a hot toys body :horror

Well aren't you just a little customizing machine of late.

Looks much better than Sideshow's fresh from the laundry look.

Stuble is a hard paint app to pull off, or at least it is for me.Well done, good sir.

Thanks... I was definitely worried I'd completely botch it. I ended up using really watered down black paint and a stiff brush and after I got most of the watery paint off the brush I just stippled it in. Pretty happy with the result.

Great paint work mate, i am also astonished how much better this looks on a hot toys body :horror

Yeah, the only issue is the suit bunches a bit in the chest, but you can kind of futz that away. Again, Sideshow's older stuff is a great base, just needs a bit of TLC.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! POTA Taylor and Mumm-Ra!!!

Here's some better pics of my Pruneface Custom:

prunea.jpg

pruneb.jpg

prunec.jpg

pruned.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! POTA Taylor and Mumm-Ra!!!

And here's a slightly more finished Mumm-Ra I weathered his wraps a bit more and then dirtied up the bottom of his robes.

mummp.jpg

mummq.jpg

mummr.jpg

mumms.jpg

mummt.jpg

mummu.jpg

mummv.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Dr. Frankenstein WIP!!!

Got this great Colin Clive as Dr. Frankenstein sculpt in today from Rocco. I've got most of the figure assembled as well so I should have him mostly finished by tomorrow.

But here's the paint-up so far:

clived.jpg

clivee.jpg
clivef.jpg

Needed at least one B&W shot...

clivea.jpg

You've got some good stuff goin Gboy, I like it.

Ski

Some great skills there bro :hi5:

I dont think you will need to pay people to paint for you anymore :lol

:lol I think that's the best compliment I could get.

But I tell you for the amount of time it takes Me, I can really appreciate how much it costs to commission work :lecture

That mumm-ra is awesome. I love what oyu did with the bandages.

NOW let's make a transoformed mumm-ra right!

Thanks Seb :rock

I've been thinking quite a bit about a powered up version, but I've not figured out what body size to go with. I almost think going with the Jakks would be best.

I'd love to do a whole series if Thundercats in 1/6.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Dr. Frankenstein Update!!!

So it turns out my flat sealant had gone bad on me which has been making everybody a bit shiny... so I re-sealed Victor and now he looks a bit less shiny but still sickly.

I also just put him on a TT with the Young Frankenstein clothing. It's not finished as I need dark pants and the shoes are pretty cheap. So those will eventually change, but you still get the idea:

clivej.jpg

cliveg.jpg

cliveh.jpg

clivei.jpg

clivek.jpg

clivel.jpg

clivem.jpg

Back