G.I. Joe Live Action Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldn't find a dedicated thread on this upcoming film, so here goes...

And, naturally, I'll kick it off with some BAD and lame news:

Variety reports: Marlon Wayans has signed on to play Ripcord, leader of the military unit in Paramount's big screen G.I. Joe. adaptation.

:monkey4

This movie is already :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

(Sienna Miller as The Baroness works for me, though :naughty)

But, seriously, is it not obvious by now what kind of film Stephen Sommers is going to make here? I mean, Marlon Wayans as a lead?? No doubt cracking wise and being a goofy ass the entire time, too. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I thought it was a joke when I first saw it on another site. Then I went and saw it on Variety with my own eyes.

It will take a miracle for this movie to not be total crap, imho. For every 1 or 2 things you hear about it that are cool, there are at least 5 or 6 that punch you in the balls.

You haven't missed anything... because I haven't said anything directly. Hasbro and whoever will make an announcement on their own schedule. My guess is you'll hear some 12" JOE news during Toy Fair next month. But that timeframe is a complete guess on my part.

Resume the Marlon Wayans hatred!

Seriously, isn't anyone the least bit baffled by this casting announcement? Or have we all given up on the prospects of this movie having any chance of being good?

Resume the Marlon Wayans hatred!

Seriously, isn't anyone the least bit baffled by this casting announcement? Or have we all given up on this movie already?

I'm not baffled because I knew this movie will suck from the get-go.

Still looking forward to the Go-bots or M.A.S.K. movie myself. :rolleyes:

You haven't missed anything... because I haven't said anything directly. Hasbro and whoever will make an announcement on their own schedule. My guess is you'll hear some 12" JOE news during Toy Fair next month. But that timeframe is a complete guess on my part.

:bow :bow :bow

And **** Wayans being casted, what a joke :rolleyes:

And Shropt, a M.A.S.K. movie would kick ass :rock

Man, I remember M.A.S.K. What did the acronym stand for, by the way? That I can't remember.

And how sad is it that INSPECTOR GADGET was made into a bad movie before any of these others? And where are my HERCULOIDS and THUNDERCATS crapfests? :lol

Man, I remember M.A.S.K. What did the acronym stand for, by the way? That I can't remember.

And how sad is it that INSPECTOR GADGET was made into a bad movie before any of these others? And where are my HERCULOIDS and THUNDERCATS crapfests? :lol

Something like Mobile Armored Strike Kommand, I think.

Back