Fugitive Predator Life-Size Bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
So there's two of these. Prime 1 seem to have very much won the race though. This one does at least have ADI's backing.

"StudioADI is proud to announce our collaboration with Coolprops on our 1:1 'Fugitive Predator' Life-Size Bust Prop Replica. This will be an accurate recast from our original molds from Shane Black's THE PREDATOR. Here are some in-progress photos!"

oO2Ec7W.jpg

XuUURzR.jpg

MHsDGHT.jpg

tf8InxP.jpg

Looks like Coolprops is trying to get people to hold off on ordering when Prime1’s goes up.

I’m still getting Prime1s. There’s just no way CoolProps will top it.

If they're in colab with ADI this will also be twice as much as P1.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

2 high priced busts for an unproven movie and a meh looking predator might be pushing things

2 high priced busts for an unproven movie and a meh looking predator might be pushing things

Meanwhile these companies treat the manufacturing of P1 and P2 merchandise like pulling teeth.

Weird that two companies got the same license, at the same time. Meaning, same character, scale, and type of product.

Meaning, collecting this stuff is about to get real trivial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaning, collecting this stuff is about to get real trivial.
If theres 2 companies making a similar product it will either cause the company ( coolprops ) with the lower quality paint work
to up their game to be more appealing, or cause the company with the superior product ( prime 1 ) to price their product accordingly to be more competitive. Its win win. When two companies go head to head its always the consumer who benefits. That is a much more appealing option to me than one company doing one bust and it being the definitive bust just so whoever owns it can have a sense of validation and smugness about their collection. If i want a fugitive Predator bust i dont intend to buy it based on how much people will be envious of it due to edition numbers and options.

If theres 2 companies making a similar product it will either cause the company ( coolprops ) with the lower quality paint work
to up their game to be more appealing, or cause the company with the superior product ( prime 1 ) to price their product accordingly to be more competitive. Its win win. When two companies go head to head its always the consumer who benefits. That is a much more appealing option to me than one company doing one bust and it being the definitive bust just so whoever owns it can have a sense of validation and smugness about their collection. If i want a fugitive Predator bust i dont intend to buy it based on how much people will be envious of it due to edition numbers and options.
That's not the full extent of the truth. This scenario may cause the strong company to underestimate the weaker and push an inferior product figuring they'd have them beat anyway.
Or the weaker company may forecast weaker sales in light of their competitor and understate their own product.

Competition is always good for the consumer but if what's is produced is something you'd want to buy is another matter. Just have to hope what comes out is something you'd be satisfied with. Which at the heart of it, is the only real way to collect this stuff anyway. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Most companies will not release JH because it’s the end of the line for them IMO. So they kept teasing us with... this, hoping we’ll kept collecting theirs so they might actually make JH someday.

It’s the same to this Pred. They could’ve released the big guy first but noooo. :p

It actually looks alright, but the ship has sailed on this one I think. Prime 1 were quicker to the punch and have put out a product of exceptional quality that will be hard to beat. The only way CP will do well with this one is to be very aggressive with the pricing.

Judging from the preview I just saw I won’t be buying anything from this film. It’s looking to be a pile of **** at this point.

Well, we just have to see. But I am not getting good vibes with this new film. I mean there is a child involved in the story that controls in someway Predator tech? Does Disney already own the license already now?

That and the CGI looks really bad, I’m gonna day it right now, this film will blow. Lol

Back