Frodo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frodo7.jpg

..that pic is funny.:wacky

Ok. While the quality of the picture is wonderful, the exterior shots remind me of a geek version of the Travelocity Gnome commercials.

Quickies of the boys just to get my feet wet and tide me over til I go home.

FRODO.jpg

SAM.jpg

Sam's eyes bleed onto the lower eyelid a bit, but outside of photos, it's nothing to worry about and I've heard others have the same thing so it's probably the rule and not the exception.

Both look really good. I hope SS does the skin tone and paint aps this way for the rest of their figures.

Both look really good. I hope SS does the skin tone and paint aps this way for the rest of their figures.

I'm thinking if it's a non-Buck figure, this will be the way things are done, hands, heads, paint, I think these are going to be the style for all new body figures.

I can't believe a lot of us went from worried just last week after the production pics, to super satisfied now lol. These should be selling more now, these are pretty top notch from what i've seen.(in a few hours in hand)

I can't believe a lot of us went from worried just last week after the production pics, to super satisfied now lol. These should be selling more now, these are pretty top notch from what i've seen.(in a few hours in hand)

Well sometimes, the issue is that the site photos don't define the anatomy of the face well and sometimes it doesn't look so hot, like Legolas who turned out nicer than pictures suggested. For me at least, the concerns with Frodo and Sam were paint relative and there was not telling how that'd hold up in hand, it may still have been and issue in hand and not lived up to the "wait til you have it in hand" rule. As far as sculpt and color concerns go, I don't let pictures scare me, but there are some paint things that lighting can't change and I haven't dealt with enough to have a feel for whether something will be ok under other lighting or not.

Maul Fan, I thought it was Frodo that showed some eye paint bleeding. It appears that the blue has slipped into his lower eyelid, on your pic. But it doesn't look that bad, though. Still awaiting UPS arrival... :(

EDIT: THE HOBBITS HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!! :chew :chew

Maul Fan, I thought it was Frodo that showed some eye paint bleeding. It appears that the blue has slipped into his lower eyelid, on your pic. But it doesn't look that bad, though. Still awaiting UPS arrival... :(

EDIT: THE HOBBITS HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!! :chew :chew

Looking at it, Frodo does too, but again, it's only an issue persay in images that blow it up beyond 1:1 ratio, actual figures it's almost imperceptable.

Yeah, I think the iris does overlap the ridge of the eye, but its pretty minor.

Really glad people are enjoying these figures, and that it seems across the board (except for the broken) arm the quality has been consitent.

Back