FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking at them made me feel dirty :eek:

I had to scrub myself down with rubbing alcohol and bleach to get the filth off me :monkey2

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 I imagine they would make you feel dirty.....something about hobbit/gollum love does leave a poor taste in one's mouth. :lol :lol That second pic cracks me up....they look so in love....gollum looking behind him...wondering if some voyeur is watching their moments of tenderness. :lol :lol :lol

My very late contribution:

Samwise3.jpg

Samwise4.jpg

....Lastly, my friggin' shoulder was broken out of the box.

Great shots, Wor-Gar. He really is a good looking figure.
So...yours was broken too, eh? So was mine and I took similar measures to put him back together. You're right...it must be a manufacturing flaw of some kind. Too bad, really...but since he stays dressed at my house, it's not that big of a problem. :)

My very late contribution:

He holds a pose pretty darn well for a Hobbit...

Samwisesilly2.jpg

You can see the piece that snapped off inside. I managed to pop it back into the slot that was left and wedged it in place with some cotton. Seems to hold fine. I really didn't want to deal with shipping this guy back. With all the gear on, Samwise doesn't have a huge amount of arm-swinging room anyway.

SS wouldn't send me a new body, right? I'd have to ship back the whole thing?

You had the perfect set-up for a Risky Business spoof, what happened?! :huh :lol Great pics bud. As for the busted shoulder, you could probably half the torso and glue the busted piece back into place.

Wor-Gor's shots are yet more solid evidence that Sam is arguably the best figure in the LOTR line-up. Anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking crack. Now I just need to find a 1/6 scale mule so I can bash myself a Bill to go with Mr. Gamgee. :duff

You had the perfect set-up for a Risky Business spoof, what happened?! :huh :lol Great pics bud. As for the busted shoulder, you could probably half the torso and glue the busted piece back into place.

That's true, never thought about Risky Business -- I could have used the Terminators shades too. :lol

I did try to pull the torso apart but it was so solid I just didn't want to get into another "halving" thing after my nightmare with Gimli.

Great shots, Wor-Gar. He really is a good looking figure.
So...yours was broken too, eh? So was mine and I took similar measures to put him back together. You're right...it must be a manufacturing flaw of some kind. Too bad, really...but since he stays dressed at my house, it's not that big of a problem. :)

Thanks Jedibear!

So you too with the arm. That is strange, that makes three of us so far. Definitely manufacturing then. Fortunately it's an easy fix if you don't mind knowing the truth inside the figure. :)

Those shots are too funny - but please put some warnings up or something... I read these boards at work sometimes and had to hit the 'minimize' button super quick!

Those shots are too funny - but please put some warnings up or something... I read these boards at work sometimes and had to hit the 'minimize' button super quick!

Anybody who'd be offended by images of naked dolls should be reported to child welfare services and admitted for immediate psychological evaluation! :lol To help you out, keep another file open (like Excel or Word) and use the shortcut Alt+Tab to scroll to another open folder.

:lecture

I dont think anyone at my job would be offended and they know I'm into 'movie memorabilia / collectibles' ... more to do with what Prog said. I always have a spreadsheet or some crap when I'm surfing but sometimes the 'puter doesn't respond fast enough! :lol

Back