Fright Night vs The Lost Boys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally love Fright Night-- it's a good film and something of a special piece for me. I think after reviewing both films I'd have to say Lost Boys has more umph to it, if only slighty. Now at the time, had they cast the movie Fright Night right--and I'm going by what I watched in the new making of Fright Night documentary, it would have been a HUGE hit of the 80's and arguably a much bigger hit than Lost Boys. In the documentary director Tom Holland says he turned down Charlie Sheen for the role of Charley Brewster and Anthony Michael Hall was supposed to play Evil Ed. Now. Chris Sarandon and Roddy McDowall were perfect in my opinion, had they cast someone like Tom Cruise as Charley , who was set to star in the film LEGION in 85, and maybe Elizabeth Shue or Phoebe Cates as the love interest, perhaps Eric Stoltz as Evil Ed, the movie would have been much more marketable and overall a better film. The only other actor that could have replaced Sarandon as Jerry , again only in my opinion, who would have the depth, and gravitas with the eloquent charm so to speak , would have been a young Mickey Rourke ....but that opens a whole can of worms really.

Evil Ed is the only weakness to an otherwise perfect love letter to Hammer Horror... I would not change a thing :)

Back