Fright Night vs The Lost Boys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
Both came out within 2 years of each other in the 80's. Which one do you prefer?

I dig em both equally hard to pick. I think if you asked me 15 years ago i would have to say Lost Boys, but as i mature there's something about Jerry Dandrige's swagger that appeals to me.(Would love a HT fig) So that's what i pick now.

Have at it!

Last edited:
The Lost Boys hands down!

everything about it is awesome. I like Fright Night but it is not a movie you can watch often because of how slow it is.

and i like the remake better too

I love both equally... but Fright Night is one I can rewatch and not get tired of, at least for the moment... it changes.

Russ Lukich once started a 1/6 Jerry, he even posted photos of his work in progress if I remember well.

ScreenShot2014-02-03at094045_zps39fc2124.png

My friend and I use to argue about Lost Boys vs Near Dark all the time..... We both agreed that Fright Night was better then Lost Boys... I use to say that Near Dark was better then Lost Boys also.... I still feel that way.

Lost Boys is a fun 80's movie for sure... But I never thought it was that great. Not enough Vampires and they were far to easy to kill.

Fright Night is dated now for sure but there is no beating Jerry in the cool Vampire department.

I use to be a member at a horror site and all the Horror fans there would complain about how the film Scream was a teeny bopper horror film because of the cast and so on but would turn around and LOVE The Lost Boys which is, IMO, the Ultimate Tiger Beat horror movie.

Love Fright Night, hands down it had better Vampire effects and, of course Roddy McDowall. But Lost Boys is just, overall, a better movie. Better acted (even Feldman works in it), directed, etc.

If you put Lost Boys and Fright Night in front of me and told me to pick one to watch...Lost Boys is the first one that I would pick. I wouldn't hesitate either. Now if you had me choose to pick between any of the Lost Boys "sequels" or the Fright Night remake....I'd pick the Fright Night remake.

Back