Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first film is what started everything, that's the representation i would like to own.

Fred told me the BLACK VISOR on the helmet will be a seperate reflective piece, not just the same material painted black...just thought you guys would like to know.

The first film is what started everything, that's the representation i would like to own.

Fred told me the BLACK VISOR on the helmet will be a seperate reflective piece, not just the same material painted black...just thought you guys would like to know.

Absolutely!

Seperated pieces is the way to go! Awesome news. Thanks for the info.

This is getting more exciting by the minute! And yeah, I'm with you, original film is the way to go. Those are some great screenshots thx.

Less blue for me. But you are right Chris, they both look awesome.

I still think you NEED to get one of each color scheme. :D

Btw THX, are those screenshots from the blu-ray or DVD?

I wonder if you can still see through the visor then to the eyes.

I emailed Fred some questions, and here are his answers. It seems like his answer to my paint question is a bit different from what was posted earlier. Still, insanely excited about this! 28" tall baby!!

1. How many busts are you producing?

200-250 Selling out very quickly.

2. Regarding the paint, I hear that we can pick our paint preference?

Not exactly accurate. I am going to choose the paint scheme then they are all going to be painted to match the master. Of course, these are all hand painted here at my studio in Los Angeles, and after all, I am not a robot. I am a Robotman. There will be artistic variance from unit to unit. I will decide what looks best in person. I have seen the original paint job on the original Robocop and what is on screen and what it looks like in person are two different things. It must look good in person. Not just what will read on film or photographs. Believe me, it will be fantastic. It has to please me and MGM, so you know it will be right. Besides, the paint changes so much from movie to movie and practically scene to scene. I hope to please everybody, but one man’s greenish blue is another man’s bluish green. Upon request, you can receive an unpainted unit in the grey primered state. There is no discount for that, however.

3. When do you anticipate having pics of a prototype?

3/7/11

4. I would like his color scheme from the first movie, but don't know if he has different looks throughout the film.

I’ll do what I can.

5. Do you have final pics of the sculpt itself?

The proto shots are 99% there. It was only missing the shoulder rings.

6. What are the dimensions of the bust?

Approx: 28”H 17”W 12”D

Last edited:
I emailed Fred some questions, and here are his answers. It seems like his answer to my paint question is a bit different from what was posted earlier. Still, insanely excited about this! 28" tall baby!!

1. How many busts are you producing?

200-250 Selling out very quickly.

2. Regarding the paint, I hear that we can pick our paint preference?

Not exactly accurate. I am going to choose the paint scheme then they are all going to be painted to match the master. Of course, these are all hand painted here at my studio in Los Angeles, and after all, I am not a robot. I am a Robotman. There will be artistic variance from unit to unit. I will decide what looks best in person. I have seen the original paint job on the original Robocop and what is on screen and what it looks like in person are two different things. It must look good in person. Not just what will read on film or photographs. Believe me, it will be fantastic. It has to please me and MGM, so you know it will be right. Besides, the paint changes so much from movie to movie and practically scene to scene. I hope to please everybody, but one man’s greenish blue is another man’s bluish green. Upon request, you can receive an unpainted unit in the grey primered state. There is no discount for that, however.

3. When do you anticipate having pics of a prototype?

3/7/11

4. I would like his color scheme from the first movie, but don't know if he has different looks throughout the film.

I’ll do what I can.

5. Do you have final pics of the sculpt itself?

The proto shots are 99% there. It was only missing the shoulder rings.

6. What are the dimensions of the bust?

Approx: 28”H 17”W 12”D

Wow proto pictures are coming sooner than I thought. I was thinking near the end of March :yess:

Chris

Thanks for the update!!!

It seems i took his responses to my questions wayy too literally. When i spoke with him...he said something very similar to your response "I hope to please everybody, but one man’s greenish blue is another man’s bluish green." He said some people will want shiney chin straps other want dull...while others prefer Bluish paint and others not...His goal as he responded to you is that he wants EVERYBODY to be happy and the same thing doesn't please everyone...so that's where i got the paint jobs by request...but once again it seems i wasn't exactly correct.

So, i think i'm done trying to illustrate our conversation, because i do not want to confuse anyone else. I guess i should've emailed him (as opposed to calling) so i could have his exact words in black and white...so we can all intrepret them for ourselves.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!!!

It seems i took his responses to my questions wayy too literally. When i spoke with him...he said something very similar to your response "I hope to please everybody, but one man’s greenish blue is another man’s bluish green." He said some people will want shiney chin straps other want dull...while others prefer Bluish paint and others not...His goal as he responded to you is that he wants EVERYBODY to be happy and the same thing doesn't please everyone...so that's where i got the paint jobs by request...but once again it seems i wasn't exactly correct.

So, i think i'm done trying to illustrate our conversation, because i do not want to confuse anyone else. I guess i should've emailed him (as opposed to calling) so i could have his exact words in black and white...so we can all intrepret them for ourselves.

Hey no problem man. Good to hear we are all on the same page now. I even sent Fred a link to our thread in case he wants to comment. All that I know for sure is that we have some awesome Robocop stuff coming out and I'm insanely excited like when my first girlfriend was in the bathroom "getting ready" as I wait in the bedroom knowing I am going to get laid for the first time :lol.

Back