Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So any idea how quickly these might sell out? I'm very tempted by the bust... Robocop is easily one of my favorite flicks :rock

So any idea how quickly these might sell out? I'm very tempted by the bust... Robocop is easily one of my favorite flicks :rock

I really don't know. I think you have "some" time..especially because a painted proto has yet to be shown. He said they should be ready to ship early 2nd quater, but there may be delays..who knows!?! I suggest giving Fred a call...i personally got a kick outta the guy, i'm sure you will too. Building high-end Robots is this guy's LIFE, and it's cool talking to someone who is soo passionate about what they do...kinda inspiring.

I wanted to let everyone know i called THE ROBOTMAN and spoke with him for about 15 minutes. He sounds like a really cool dude, that DOES NOT mess around. I am going to be placing an order for the 1:1 Robocop Bust..this week!!! The bust is officially licensed through MGM and it's going to be made with the finest AMERICAN materials availble. He said it's about 20+ inches tall and has some good weight to it. It's going to be shipped securely in "the most plain brown box i've ever seen"-Fred's words. I asked if it's going to have a "Sideshow" colored box...and he replied NO, because he wanted to keep costs down. He assured me I will be absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the sculpt and craftsmanship he and his team of pros will deliver.

He also informed me that we can request ANY paintjob we want. He will pretty much paint these bad boys up at our request. he said he can give us the "rainbow effect" or base the paint on the original suit...or give it the bluish tint as seen in Robocop 2. He also said that we can paint the chin-strap to how ever we wish...in some scenes/ilms it's extra glossy...and in the first one it's not as shiney. I personally am going to find a specific scene in the film (where Robo's suit looks ideal), take note of the Chapter and time, and have Fred Barton and his crew use that frame as a reference when painting up my bust.

Overall, if anyone is on the fence about ordering the Officially Licensed Robocop bust, i highly recommend calling the ROBOT MAN and talk to him. Very cool dude, and I will be placing my order later this week. he also informed me he will be able to take payment via CREDIT CARD...to make it easier on his customers! I can't wait to secure licensed 1:1 Robocop bust!!!!

Fred Barton's work is second to none...for those that aren't familiar with his work, he is the guy responsible for Sideshow's SOLD-OUT 1:1 Full-Statues of R2-D2 & C-3PO

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2212&ref=listing-page
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2215&ref=listing-page

Hey Dude,
I just contacted Fred regarding the whole credit card thing because it seemed to good to be true. Every time I've talked to him hes always pretty stern on the fact that he doesnt take CC or paypal. This is what he e-mailed me back with today just so everyone is on the same page.

Hi Chris,

I guess whoever said or posted that either is making it up, or misunderstood what I said. I am looking into reactivating my merchant status and accepting credit cards. I have not as yet and I will not be doing PayPal no matter what.

I will let you know what happens with this and when and if I will be doing the credit cards. It does look good, but don’t quote me. I’ll make an announcement as soon as I know. My accounting department is in negation with the bank.

Even if I don’t do the credit cards, you can do a bank wire transfer and not mess with the mails either.

Chris

Hey Dude,
I just contacted Fred regarding the whole credit card thing because it seemed to good to be true. Every time I've talked to him hes always pretty stern on the fact that he doesnt take CC or paypal. This is what he e-mailed me back with today just so everyone is on the same page.

Chris

Chris,

I spoke with him about 10 days ago for about 15 minutes. I specifically asked him about credit cards and how i was very uncomfortable sending a check in the mail. He said, "he used to take credit cards...people seem to like that...that way they can just charge it and and pay it off at their leisure." (which is why i posted eariler he will be able to take payment via CREDIT CARD...to make it easier on his customers!)...he said, call me back i a week or so, i have to get back online...which sounds like it's exactly what he responded to you.

from the sound of it...it looks like Credit Card payment IS going to be an option...but it's not available at this time...MY BAD.

and i would never "make something up"

Last edited:
Chris,

I spoke with him about 10 days ago for about 15 minutes. I specifically asked him about credit cards and how i was very uncomfortable sending a check in the mail. He said, "he used to take credit cards...people seem to like that...that way they can just charge it and and pay it off at their leisure." (which is why i posted eariler he will be able to take payment via CREDIT CARD...to make it easier on his customers!)...he said, call me back i a week or so, i have to get back online...which sounds like it's exactly what he responded to you.

from the sound of it...it looks like Credit Card payment IS going to be an option...but it's not available at this time...MY BAD.

and i would never "make something up"

No I wasnt saying you were making anything up, I was just trying to get clear what you meant by taking a CC payment. From what he wrote back it SOUNDS like he will be able to take CC in the future....but doesnt as of yet. :peace

Chris

Im thinking this color of chrome dome.....but maybe its a little to much.
What do you guys think?

robocop.jpg

Chris

That looks pretty good, although there might be a little too much blue in there for my tastes. Chin strap looks good. Is that from Part 1 or Part 2?

Dude, you really can't go wrong with ANY color. I think that is a GREAT choice. i like the rainbow effect in that still, but i think i'm gonna go for something a tad bit more traditional.

I'm thinking that shot it from part 2...but i could be wrong.

That looks pretty good, although there might be a little too much blue in there for my tastes. Chin strap looks good. Is that from Part 1 or Part 2?

That's from Part 2. I prefer the OG look.

Here're few screencaps I just grabbed.

Last edited:
Back