Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not giving up, I'm just not motivated to try to do anything. I mean, there is nothing I can do to help/speedup the transplant, and day to day life has become near impossible. Mine is a side-effect from CF, never drank.

Hang in there brother! Was thinking about you this weekend as Motor City Comic Con was going on.

I lost my best friend to kidney failure (the VA was mainly to blame). It still hurts to this day. Hopefully being #4 on the list is a speedy process.

And you get your transplant and can make it to Comic Con in August at Cobo Hall.

My positive outlook has been slipping. I don't really do anything anymore, so it's hard to stay positive. It's rough just trying to play video games or actively watch any TV/Movie with decent plot. Too much damage to memory/head from the liver. Good thing is that recovers after transplant... but until then it keeps getting worse.

Sorry to hear this. Stay strong and I wish you all the best. :duff

Hang in there brother! Was thinking about you this weekend as Motor City Comic Con was going on.

I lost my best friend to kidney failure (the VA was mainly to blame). It still hurts to this day. Hopefully being #4 on the list is a speedy process.

And you get your transplant and can make it to Comic Con in August at Cobo Hall.

Yea, I'm not doing cons til after the transplant... hopefully it comes fast. Spent today having muscles pull/cramp every time I moved, so slept on the couch a lot or went to bed.

Got in from the grocery store. Ashley is moving out. Financial belt just got tightened to cutting off circulation levels. Odds are I won't be doing secret santa this year, or giving anything away. Odds are I won't be buying anything for a long time either, except food, hopefully food.

Got in from the grocery store. Ashley is moving out. Financial belt just got tightened to cutting off circulation levels. Odds are I won't be doing secret santa this year, or giving anything away. Odds are I won't be buying anything for a long time either, except food, hopefully food.

I'm wishing you the best dude I'm really hoping you get through this.

Have you thought about a go fund me page? Those can help a lot and are easy to share.

We could share it in our fb pages and stuff. Those can be exttemely helpful. And easy to show around

https://www.gofundme.com/nathan-liver#updates

Here's the old one. We increased the goal and my mom posted an update last night. She is my caregiver currently.

im glad you got one already. thats good, if you dont mind maybe we the freaks here can share it around with people we know. I can see if some people in some of the facebook toy communities are interested in helping. Im just thinking around. i dont have a lot of people in my fb list but im part of some groups. all of us could help around in sharing your story. but i dont want to push boundaries

I don't mind at all, I know when to be humble and accept help. Right now I'm having to use a cane to get around and I barely have the energy to do anything at all in the house. I've had to stop making stuff and everything.

i cant promise if people will help or not but ill try to share :)
sometimes help comes from the most unexpected places

This gofundme link idea is awesome! I’ll be praying that The LORD provides for you, Theo.

Last edited:
Finally got some time to post the prize from the very generous Darth Madden’s meme contest a few weeks back. I’m so stoked and humbled by this prototype Batman. I’m totally keeping this in the box for display. Again, thank you Darth Madden!
DC288270-4799-4AE8-BB56-6DB7BCC920B6.jpeg

whelp. I was trying to figure out why I haven't heard from one of my friends with CF for over a month... it turns out she passed away and I just found out about it today. Really close to my age, died from sudden liver failure from what I know... it's hitting close to home. Sorry to keep venting here, but I've got nobody left in real life to turn to aside from my mother at this point, and she has enough on her hands trying to figure out how to financially get me through the breakup and new bills I'll have to be paying, on top of being full time 24/7 care for me now...

Life is just really ****ing ****** at the moment.

Back