Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a reminder that this contest ends tonight. Here are the entries so far:

Vander
mrdbios
Centurion
LaMelnik
XDUCKETTX
Granite_Grizz
punkg42
HAPPYBOY
Patriot666
crows

Sadly, all our pics of me prior to 1985 were lost in a fire......

We didn't have many before that anyway as pictures were not really a thing that long ago....at least in our family.

So here is a random kid dressed up in the Batman costume I wore on year....

Man those costumes , plastic smock, hair pulling rubber band , sweat box face masks were awesome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d3bb9e49ce0a3e10ff10f3342c6fd15f.jpeg

We didn't have many before that anyway as pictures were not really a thing that long ago....at least in our family.

Man those costumes , plastic smock, hair pulling rubber band , sweat box face masks were awesome...

That mask of Luke looks better than some of Sideshow’s earlier sculpts.

Yeah old pics are hard, i was barely able to find my clown pic.
One of the few pics i have left.

Yeah old pics are hard, i was barely able to find my clown pic.
One of the few pics i have left.

I think I over compensate now....I have about 2 terabytes of family pics and video currently.....

Last vacation to Japan my family took over 5000 pics.....

I think I over compensate now....I have about 2 terabytes of family pics and video currently.....

Similar for me. The only problem is I have all of these digital pictures stored but we rarely look at them. I remember when I was young my family would sometimes look through old family albums together. So now I have many more pics but I need to make a better effort to look at them!

Similar for me. The only problem is I have all of these digital pictures stored but we rarely look at them. I remember when I was young my family would sometimes look through old family albums together. So now I have many more pics but I need to make a better effort to look at them!

I have a suggestion.

At the end of each year, I use a pretty simple program called Sony Vegas, to create a movie with still and video, and even a soundtrack of the years events.

That gets stored on my Plex server, and we can share it with family everywhere we go.

Lots of fun and family get togethers....

I have a suggestion.

At the end of each year, I use a pretty simple program called Sony Vegas, to create a movie with still and video, and even a soundtrack of the years events.

That gets stored on my Plex server, and we can share it with family everywhere we go.

Lots of fun and family get togethers....

Great idea! I’ve made photo albums and had them printed but this sounds like a lot of fun.

I take a lot of pics too. But i delete a lot of them. Just keep the best ones. Thank god for folders. Folders inside folders inside other folders lol

If we still had to go develop film from cameras im sure people wouldnt take so much pics lol. I kinda love digital pics but i hate how easily they can be ruined. Unless u have them on a cloud or something

Yeah I have gotten pretty good with Vegas....

I now add stuff that's popular in pop culture that year....

Two years ago our Family Movie started with a Stranger things intro...last year, we did a customs Star Wars crawls for our intro....

This year , perhaps a BR2049 style intro? Not sure...

Or an artist. I know lots of colors.

me thinks your mom wanted another daughter... :lol
HEY! :mad:

Imagine how many rolls of film that would be...

I take a lot of pics too. But i delete a lot of them. Just keep the best ones. Thank god for folders. Folders inside folders inside other folders lol
I take a ton, and plan on deleting a bunch, but I never end up deleting many... Except for the totally blurry one, or where I accidentally take a picture of the floor.

If we still had to go develop film from cameras im sure people wouldnt take so much pics lol. I kinda love digital pics but i hate how easily they can be ruined. Unless u have them on a cloud or something
This! :lecture

I had a hard drive crash years ago, and lost most of my earliest digital pictures. :( I only had 12 of them backed up, because I printed 12 of them from Walgreens.com so was able to retrieve those files... Now I back up my pictures multiple ways. But still probably not enough!

HEY! :mad:

Imagine how many rolls of film that would be...

I take a ton, and plan on deleting a bunch, but I never end up deleting many... Except for the totally blurry one, or where I accidentally take a picture of the floor.

This! :lecture

I had a hard drive crash years ago, and lost most of my earliest digital pictures. :( I only had 12 of them backed up, because I printed 12 of them from Walgreens.com so was able to retrieve those files... Now I back up my pictures multiple ways. But still probably not enough!
I've been posting all my con pictures to Facebook for years. I've also been posting them to Twitter since that came around. These are my cloud-based backups. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Careful with Facebook....they own the pics you upload...

I was going to use Amazon's free Prime backup for photos till I learned you sign over the rights to those photos to Amazon......

Now I use a local HD backup and cloud service as well.

Back