Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love seeing pics from back in the day. All my costumes were homemade back then and highly flammable. Plus they sold all the masks made from toxic materials that probably gave a ton of people cancer.
I started a FB thread exactly like this. My parents recently moved in so I have access to our old photo albums. I'm sure I can find some. Interesting how things have changed. Ask for a pic from last year and everyone will have at least 20 digital pics in their library lol. Ah the old days.

anmI8Lf.gif

The Contest: Post a pic of you in costume when you were a kid.

The Rules: One entry per person (but feel free to post more if you have them). Post your pic in the Freaktacular thread. Contest ends Sunday, October 29th at 6pm Central Time so you have all weekend to dig up a pic.

The Prize: A Mezco 15" Sam figure

Awesome prize here GZL! Wow!

4885060d8525212b549cf1ff0c338593.jpg

anmI8Lf.gif

The Rules: One entry per person (but feel free to post more if you have them). Post your pic in the Freaktacular thread. Contest ends Sunday, October 29th at 6pm Central Time so you have all weekend to dig up a pic.

Even as a kid, I couldn't help entering Halloween contests. :)
3d70fd07eee4f07f77ee43089d9992e5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I figured giving the weekend would allow people time to dig up pics. Some of us older guys only have that **** in photo albums--the book kind not the digital ones. :lol

anmI8Lf.gif

There is no way I could ever find a picture of me in a costume from the dinosaur age, but as you can see our parents forced us to dress up anyway. Lol!! That is me on my Mom's lap. :) Ugh...missing her so much!!
family.jpg

:lol That's the old school stuff I remember from when I was a kid. Breathing in those toxic fumes and praying you didn't walk by a flame. :rock

LOL! Right!
I remember going through them while they were hanging on the rack and noting how much they smelled like gasoline. Not the masks, but the rest of the costume was plasticky like a shower curtain.

LOL! Right!
I remember going through them while they were hanging on the rack and noting how much they smelled like gasoline. Not the masks, but the rest of the costume was plasticky like a shower curtain.

Yeah! I got the orange plastic smock with a picture of Garfield on it.[emoji81]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way I could ever find a picture of me in a costume from the dinosaur age, but as you can see our parents forced us to dress up anyway. Lol!! That is me on my Mom's lap. :) Ugh...missing her so much!!
View attachment 374148

Awe. She's beautiful, Happy. I lost my dad, so I empathize. I called my mom as soon as I read your post. I need to spend more time with her while I can.

Yeah! I got the orange plastic smock with a picture of Garfield on it.[emoji81]

We had lots of those too. :lol

Still can't believe the hype over those Garfield dolls with the window suction at the end of each leg.
People were breaking into cars and stealing them. Crazy!

I remember those costumes, but what I remember most was they all came in those flimsy cardboard boxes with the window on the front that showed the mask. Those costumes really were pretty terrible, weren't they?

Back