Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

anmI8Lf.gif

THE CONTEST: Answer these questions about the original Ghostbusters film. PM ME YOUR ANSWERS.

1. For whom was the original role of Dr. Peter Venkman originally written?
2. Who was originally cast as Louis Tully but left the film due to creative differences?
3. What was the original 1-800 phone number for the Ghostbusters that was in the original trailer?
4. What phone number did they end up using in the film?
5. What was the original title of the film?

THE PRIZE: Set of 4 Ghostbusters Dorbz

View attachment 300284

Contest ends on 10/25/2016 at 12pm Central Time. One winner from the entries with the all the correct answers will be chosen by The Wheel.

nice, entered, thanks!!

I too have a busy work schedule right now. Kinda stinks. But I'll still have one eye on Spook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centurion and GenaralZodLives prizes shipped!

You'll find you're spook stickers inside prizes to keep them flat during travel. Also extra printed spook stickers were placed on boxes shipped so you'll know that they're from me!

There is some confusion about the 800 number in my Ghostbusters contest. Most of you are getting it wrong, but one of you has gotten it correct. It's not an easy answer to find, but there was an 800 number in the original trailer that ended up getting disconnected because so many people were calling it. The 800 number from the original trailer and the number used in the film ARE NOT the same phone number.

For those of you who have already guessed, I'll you allow another entry since I obviously didn't word the question correctly.

There is some confusion about the 800 number in my Ghostbusters contest. Most of you are getting it wrong, but one of you has gotten it correct. It's not an easy answer to find, but there was an 800 number in the original trailer that ended up getting disconnected because so many people were calling it. The 800 number from the original trailer and the number used in the film ARE NOT the same phone number.

For those of you who have already guessed, I'll you allow another entry since I obviously didn't word the question correctly.

can the person that got it right get a PM?

Centurion and GenaralZodLives prizes shipped!

You'll find you're spook stickers inside prizes to keep them flat during travel. Also extra printed spook stickers were placed on boxes shipped so you'll know that they're from me!
Thank you brother!
You had me on a wild post hunt. Fun contest. :clap

Toothbrush Entries have ended. I will gather up prizes and pick winners tomorrow.

That's the one that's stumping me. I can't find it anywhere in my searches. People talk about it, but they just say "800-number" without listing the number. I'll have to try to find the trailer and watch it...

Oh man, I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate when they do, "Why do you deserve this prize?" contests. HATE them. You scan the entries and it's filled with, "Because I was just diagnosed with cancer," or, "because I'm going out on deployment again," or "because my dad just died and Punisher was his favourite," and a bunch of stuff like that.

I mean, that's all extreme stuff. Vets/soldiers are great and I could never do what they do, and being diagnosed with a terrible disease or losing someone is horrible, but man, it feels so...wrong to be like, "And that's why I deserve this statue!"

It's all supposed to be lighthearted fun, and those always seem to turn the exact opposite. I mean, from what I've seen they usually choose something out of the blue, but I just hate the entries for that type of contest because it's like...I just hate that type of contest. Maybe I'm alone in that thought. :lol

OK, still more confusion about the number. I was under the impression that it was in the original trailer and taken out later, but apparently my memory is not to be trusted. Now, I'm hearing that it was in a commercial released after the movie was out. How about this for question #2?

What was the 800 number from a Ghostbusters commercial that was disconnected because so many people called in? It is not 1-800-555-2368.

i think i know what number it was, maybe. it was tricky to find. or maybe i didnt find it lol i dont know, i think i did

OK, still more confusion about the number. I was under the impression that it was in the original trailer and taken out later, but apparently my memory is not to be trusted. Now, I'm hearing that it was in a commercial released after the movie was out. How about this for question #2?

What was the 800 number from a Ghostbusters commercial that was disconnected because so many people called in? It is not 1-800-555-2368.

Thanks Zod...trying again!

Oh man, I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate when they do, "Why do you deserve this prize?" contests. HATE them. You scan the entries and it's filled with, "Because I was just diagnosed with cancer," or, "because I'm going out on deployment again," or "because my dad just died and Punisher was his favourite," and a bunch of stuff like that.

I mean, that's all extreme stuff. Vets/soldiers are great and I could never do what they do, and being diagnosed with a terrible disease or losing someone is horrible, but man, it feels so...wrong to be like, "And that's why I deserve this statue!"

It's all supposed to be lighthearted fun, and those always seem to turn the exact opposite. I mean, from what I've seen they usually choose something out of the blue, but I just hate the entries for that type of contest because it's like...I just hate that type of contest. Maybe I'm alone in that thought. :lol

I feel the same way. There's always people out there that have some tough stuff going on and their story is legit, but there are also people out there that will make up horrible stuff just to win. This is why I don't like the social media contests very much because each one turns into a big "poor me, give me some free ****" free-for-all. I also don't like it when someone uses their kids as a way to get a prize. Having a kid shouldn't mean you get special consideration over someone that doesn't.

Back