Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2014

You are correct, sir.

I spoke with Dave on it and he stated that it's meant for all off site illegitimate contests.

So Spook/Freaktacular is still on, folks! :yess:

1317386000_baby_on_back_seat_really_likes_music.gif

Phew! Miss a day of checking on this page and all this goes down! Glad to hear it's still a go, as Freaktacular 2015 is going to be a blast! Can't wait to go through it with you all again later this year!

I'm gonna relax during Spook this time. I'll give away far more than I win this year. I'd like to get a patch and spook kit for sure though.

73369-I-dont-believe-you-gif-HD-Imgu-qUVu.gif

:lol :1-1:

Not me. :( the only conventions I have planned this year are Dallas in May and SDCC

I keep debating going to SDCC or not. Have you gone before? From what I've seen it's pretty chaotic and getting busier every year. It'd be something I'd have to save up for, so I'm not sure it'd happen for a bit, but it's still quite tempting! I'd just rather not spend hours and hours in line -- unless that only happens if you go to one of the panels.

I keep debating going to SDCC or not. Have you gone before? From what I've seen it's pretty chaotic and getting busier every year. It'd be something I'd have to save up for, so I'm not sure it'd happen for a bit, but it's still quite tempting! I'd just rather not spend hours and hours in line -- unless that only happens if you go to one of the panels.

This will be my first year there, though I've tried for years to get tickets. SDCC has been on my bucket list so I'm excited I finally get to go. I'm going to see how it is this year and then decide later if I'll try to go again. Not a fan of big crowds so we'll see how much I can take. I'm not planning on doing any panels--I'm too old to wait in line all night or for hours at a time.

The only place you won't be in a crowd is when you are in your hotel room. I had been to the Emerald City CC a few times but nothing prepared me for SDCC last year... its a mad house. We walked by the Hall H outside "waiting pen" when we went to dinner on Thursday night and if I was 20 years younger it might have been fun but not now. I will say that even though it was crazy if I ever did get a chance to go back I probably would now that I know what to expect. Hope you have a good time. :)

This will be my first year there, though I've tried for years to get tickets. SDCC has been on my bucket list so I'm excited I finally get to go. I'm going to see how it is this year and then decide later if I'll try to go again. Not a fan of big crowds so we'll see how much I can take. I'm not planning on doing any panels--I'm too old to wait in line all night or for hours at a time.

Nice to scratch it off the list! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! But yeah, the panels...I mean, it'd be cool to be in the same room as some of those guys. That's always a fun thing, but the ones that are worth going to you'd have to wait for a day or two to get front row or near the front...and being way in the back...well, that's not really worth hours and hours of waiting. I remember doing that for movies years ago, and now I'm in love with reserved seating! So great. As you said, I guess we're just too old!

PxSMcF2.jpg

The only place you won't be in a crowd is when you are in your hotel room. I had been to the Emerald City CC a few times but nothing prepared me for SDCC last year... its a mad house. We walked by the Hall H outside "waiting pen" when we went to dinner on Thursday night and if I was 20 years younger it might have been fun but not now. I will say that even though it was crazy if I ever did get a chance to go back I probably would now that I know what to expect. Hope you have a good time. :)

Yeah, that's how I imagined it. But like you both said...it's an experience to try and achieve at least once! We'll see when/if that day comes on my end!

The crowd thing is why I could never go to SDCC. I couldn't take it.... I would go mad.

Ok, I know this thread has slowed down a bit but I have a few things to give away and I can’t wait until October so I’m going to do it now. Its not a contest just chime in if you want any of these boxes… free of charge of course and I’ll cover shipping.

A – Sons of Anarchy. I participated in the Mezco Friday the 13th mystery box and both boxes were filled with SOA stuff. I have never seen the show, I don’t plan on seeing the show so I don’t need them.

B, C – Lootcrate stuff. I got 3 months and kept a few things but I don’t want it all so I combined what was left into two boxes.

So if you like SOA or the kind of stuff you get in lootcrate just chime and Claim box A, B or C and its yours.

Ok, I know this thread has slowed down a bit but I have a few things to give away and I can’t wait until October so I’m going to do it now. Its not a contest just chime in if you want any of these boxes… free of charge of course and I’ll cover shipping.

A – Sons of Anarchy. I participated in the Mezco Friday the 13th mystery box and both boxes were filled with SOA stuff. I have never seen the show, I don’t plan on seeing the show so I don’t need them.

B, C – Lootcrate stuff. I got 3 months and kept a few things but I don’t want it all so I combined what was left into two boxes.

So if you like SOA or the kind of stuff you get in lootcrate just chime and Claim box A, B or C and its yours.

Sure, I'll take a stab at B or C...I hear things about lootcrate but have never really seen anything.

I'm interested in Box A, if it's still available. Thanks, Madden! :hi5:
Sounds very odd that you'd get SOA stuff in a Horror-related box. :dunno

Back