Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spooktacular 2014

Hey guys been away for a few days. Sorry for not posting question 1 of my contest yesterday. I will have to catch up the last 50 pages or so and will post the first 2 questions tonight.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Once again a HUGE thanks to veil.
You're time and effort is very much appreciated...

20jfp85.jpg

259a901.jpg

Anyone have some good family type halloween suggestions streamable on the flix? :)

1. It's the Great Pumkin charlie Brown
2. A Nightmare before Christmas
3. Walt Disney's the Adventures of Ichibod and Mr. Toad
4. The Witches
5. Casper
6. Monster House
7. Beetlejuice (depending on how old the kids are)
8. Hocus Pocus

That's about all I got. Not sure if those are streamable but a quick search should tell you.

The Adams Family?

This is the one of few available! Probably watch it tonight. :)

I don't have Netflix, but maybe Monster House or Paranorman if they're on there.

Neither unfortunately. :/

1. It's the Great Pumkin charlie Brown
2. A Nightmare before Christmas
3. Walt Disney's the Adventures of Ichibod and Mr. Toad
4. The Witches
5. Casper
6. Monster House
7. Beetlejuice (depending on how old the kids are)
8. Hocus Pocus

That's about all I got. Not sure if those are streamable but a quick search should tell you.

Thanks for all the suggestions! A few of those are a must! :D However, no kids here (thank god) :lol

I immediately thought Hocus Pocus, but it's not on Netflix.

I wish it were :(

Really....Netflix is slipping.

Especially with their Halloween load out this year... practically nothing. I remember they use to go full out for Halloween on netflix...

OKAY! Here is the list of answers to my questions, as well as the list of participants and the number they got right! And the winner, of course :lol

Averagejo - 3 Correct Answers (I'd consider Alien horror, but the rest are more sci-fi/action. Otherwise you'd definitely be right! :lol)

Vander - 4 Correct Answers (One of two people who guessed Manchester United as my favourite team! I actually don't enjoy Soccer at all :lol)

Darth Madden - 4 Correct Answers (Kudos to going for the laughs over the win, as you didn't want to anyway. The Blue Chick from X-Men is not my favourite and I'm not addicted to Whoop Ass as an energy drink :lol :lol)

Mrdbios - 5 Correct Answers (Sorry, but I couldn't accept "One of the Pradators" as an answer for Who is my favourite Predator? Worth a shot though! :lol)

CallMeTheDoctor - 5 Correct Answers (The ONLY one to get my favourite Robert Downey Jr. film right! There's another hidden gem that deserves far more attention than it receives!)

Boba Ben - 7 Correct Answers (You were about 15 minutes late, but I let it slide...mainly because you lost anyway :lol But some good guesses!)

KenBenobi - 7 Correct Answers (You went against the popular opinion for my favourite Nolan Batman film and it paid off! You still lost though.)

Punkg42 - 7 Correct Answers (What's crazy here is that you answers a few correct that nobody else did! I was impressed. In fact, you may be stalking me.)

SurlyJ - 7 Correct Answers (You were the only one to get my favourite X-Man...which was pretty surprising! My poor favourite X-Man. Where's the love? :lol)

Kamikaze - 8 Correct Answers (I LOVED Battlestar Galactica; however, it wasn't my all time favourite. Definitely in the top five though! Maybe even three!)

And the winner, with 9 correct answers is GeneralZodLives. Only one to guess my favourite Predator too!

Here's your prize:

tumblr_n5e0clwYAd1qktjelo3_250.gif

I kid, I kid. Choose your prize for all to see, and then PM me your info and I'll order it tonight! :)

And thanks to all who played! Hopefully it was somewhat entertaining :)

Without further ado...here are the correct answers to all the questions!

tumblr_n095zqqW1C1qzim0po4_500.gif

1. What is my favourite horror franchise? Halloween is my favourite franchise! Even Busta Rhymes. :lol

2. What is my favourite colour? Blue!

3. What group have I seen in concert five times? The Backstreet Boys. Don't worry, I didn't expect anyone to realize my musical tastes are that of a teenage girl. :lol

4. What is my favourite Kevin Bacon movie? Death Sentence. LOVE it. Plenty of contenders, but this one is just so good.

5. Where did I meet my wife? I met my wife online playing Star Wars Galaxies! Not many people can say they met their wife on Han Solo's home planet :lol

6. What was my favourite horror movie of 2013? You're Next! So good. Also connects with a later question!

7. Who is my favourite Ninja Turtle? Donatello! Shockingly, NOBODY guessed Michelangelo, who's my second favourite. I love the b-team :lol

8. What's my favourite sports team? Toronto Maple Leafs! This is a tough one if you don't know where I live...but still tough even if you do!

9. Who is my favourite wrestler of all time? Bret "The Hitman" Hart...though to be fair to many, The Rock is a close second!

10. What's my favourite TV show ever? 24! Sure it gets nutty at times, but this was a show I never missed. Live, in front of the TV, let's do this Jack Bauer!

11. Who is my favourite member of the X-Men? Cyclops! Oh man, did they ruin him in the movies. At least he's getting some respect from Bendis these days!

12. I received an e-mail with the image of a Hot Toy character in it. In the end I didn't end up getting the figure; however, it was what pulled me into the collecting game. Who was that specific character? Black Widow from Iron Man 2! I was just blown away. It looked like a picture of ScarJo. I ended up passing on the character, but that brought me into this world and I've yet to turn away!

13. What movie caused me to start collecting comic books? X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The movie was good fun, and I loved Deadpool/Wade Wilson. Well, Wade Wilson more than what ended up being "Deadpool". Either way, that's what got me into comics!

14. What comic book was the first I began collecting? Deadpool! I recently stopped collecting that one, as I've fallen INSANELY behind in my comic book reading. I think I have a year and a half's worth of issues for about 5 series to read! Oh man, so behind :lol

15. What director's cut version of a film do I find on par with its two critically acclaimed predecessors? Alien 3! A couple of people got this one, and I was happy to see it. I LOVE this version of the film, and feel it's on par with Alien and Aliens...and I adore those two!

16. What Predator (not hybrid) is my favourite Predator? Wolf Predator! The guy is a badass, and here's hoping a bust will appear of him before Sideshow's prices make me go bust! :lol

17. Who is my favourite actress? Keira Knightley! I didn't expect anyone to get this, but yep, been that way for a long while :)

18. Who is my favourite actor? Tom Cruise! Harrison Ford is right up there, so some were close! Nobody guessed Cruise, but if he's got a movie coming out, I'm on Cruise control to the theater. LAME! /eyeroll :lol

19. At a Chinese food buffet, what is the one item I eat the most of every.single.time? Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls! Some got it right! It's seriously one of the only things I eat :lol

20. I taught English overseas a while back. Which country did I teach in? China! I think two people got this one. I was there for just under a year before the school closed. Good experience!

21. In World of Warcraft, what is my main characters class? Death Knight was my main through MoP. That may change heading into WoD though :lol

22. What is my favourite movie musical? Moulin Rouge! Nobody got this one. Such a great movie :)

23. Who are my two favourite Star Wars characters? (1 point for each correct answer) Obi-wan and Han Solo! Ewan McGregor's work as Obi-wan is just amazing. And Han is Han.

24. When I was a boy I had to skip Halloween one year. What was the specific reason for this? Chicken Pox! A good number of people got this one right!

25. If I go to McDonald's for lunch, what meal do I order? McChicken Sandwhich! Most said Big Mac, which was a safe and understandable guess.

26. What fast food joint to I eat at every few years and then vow never to eat at again immediately after? Taco Bell. It's so bad :lol Apparently so is White Castle according to many guesses :lol

27. What's my favourite disaster movie? I was originally thinking more disaster disaster movie -- which would've been 2012, that nobody guessed -- but after some research I found out that Titanic IS technically a disaster movie...and with that, it's the clear winner.

28. What two TV characters do people most relate me with? (1 point for each correct answer) - First up is Chandler Bing from FRIENDS. Congrats to Punkg42 for actually guessing that! Next up is Michael Scott (Steve Carell) from The Office.

29. What is my favourite entry in Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy? Batman Begins is my favourite! It's actually one of my favourite trilogies all around. I loved The Dark Knight Rises, and thought it was a SUPERB conclusion to the trilogy.

30. What energy drink am I unfortunately addicted to? (specific) Rockstar wins here. Specifically Fruit Punch.

31. What is my favourite Robert Downey Jr. movie? Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang! If you haven't seen it, go buy it now.

32. If I'm ordering a pizza, what one specific topping do I always get? New York Style Pepperoni! I accepted Pepperoni as well, because, I'm not sure if they just call it that where I go :lol

33. What is the next item I will receive from Sideshow? Big Chap LSB is next up! Can't wait for it!

34. Am I a morning person, or a night owl? Total night owl! I'm okay with mornings if I HAVE to get up, but I'd rather stay up into the wee hours of the morning than actually go to bed and wake up bright and early.

35. I've met two girls from this State, one of them is now my wife. The odds are almost unbelievable, as I met them both in other places years apart, and on top of that, they even worked together at one point. Which State is it? The state is Arizona! Nobody guessed this one, but I guess there were quite a few to choose from :lol I met my first love on a cruise in '99, and she was from Phoenix. Then four years and change later I met my wife in Star Wars Galaxies, and she ended up being from there as well! We dated for a couple of years, and as insane as it is (in a city of 5 million+) I went down to visit her while she worked at a steakhouse, and BAM, one of the other waitresses was the girl from the cruise! Blew my mind. Never tell me the odds :lol

36. What is my favourite Halloween candy? Rockets! I just realized when writing this that they MAY be called Smarties in the States...while up here, Smarties are like M&Ms to a degree. Do they have those there too? I know Punkg42 guessed Smarties, so maybe he meant what I like! In that case, Punk, you now have 8 right and you still lose :lol

37. What are my favourite type of horror films? Home invasion! I'm a big fan of slasher, which was the guess of many; however, home invasion are my absolute favourite type of horror films. It's a personal fear and just freaky all around!

38. Who was my favourite character in the Scream franchise? Dewey!!! A few got this right! I would've also accepted Cotten Weary, because he was the man in Scream 2, and I was quite sad when he was the character to start Scream 3, since I knew he was a goner. Loved the title of his show though. 100% Cotton :lol

39. What movie fills me with Zen every time I watch it? The Last Samurai! I love this movie. It's just such a peaceful movie to watch. Seeing that village the Samurai train in...it's just great. Fills me with Zen! :)

I'm shocked I even got 4. I think I was going a little too old school with some of my answers.... you must be younger than I thought. :)

I know it's done, but figured I'd throw it out anyway since I was working and Josh took the time to post'm all :lol

1. It will tear your soul apart...again. Hellbound: Hellraiser 2
2. Who will Survive And What will be left of them? Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. It's not a pretty picture The Ugly
4. A star is born tonight... will she live to see tomorrow? Opera
5. The seven dreaded gateways to hell are concealed in seven cursed places… And on the day the gates of hell are opened, the dead will walk the earth! The Beyond
6. There are some very good reasons to be afraid...of the dark. Fright Night
7. They'll Be Screaming Their Heads Off! Happy Hell Night
8. The only way out lies within your own mind. Cube
9. The dead will devour the living Could be Zombi 2, or Hell of the Living Dead, or Zombie, or Night of the Living Dead :lol
10. A fate worse than death! Beyond the Darkness

Back