Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't get many holidays off. I think the next three-day weekend I have is Memorial Day. :lol My anniversary is in March and usually around Spring Break so my wife has off. That may be a decent time for me to take a few days to relax.

Next vacation 7 days over MLK....

Pays to have time with the same company... I have a week of almost every month now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't had time off since August.

My next day off is the day after the Super Bowl.

Being the head of IT Operations for the company, it really is a 24/7 job.

But I chose my profession.

My sympathies..

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

So, a Chosen People pack of Cards Against Humanity was recalled from Target. Apparently it's super-offensive. It's so bad, eBay is removing listings for it. I'm trying to figure out how to sell the last few we have since eBay pulled our listing :slap

I hear you on that one...being a Systems Admin is like that too.

So, a Chosen People pack of Cards Against Humanity was recalled from Target. Apparently it's super-offensive. It's so bad, eBay is removing listings for it. I'm trying to figure out how to sell the last few we have since eBay pulled our listing :slap

So what's the offensive card? How much for the pack? lol

I was going to strive for that, then said screw it... I'll stay with my lower level position... I'm still overpaid for what I do. :lol

My sympathies..

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

:rotfl The IT Crowd FTW!!!

HAPNEWYEA $3 go go go!
Expired. Must have just missed it... ;)

I'm approaching 10 years at my job, a job I intended to spend ONE year at. I never planned on making a career of it. But after 9 1/2 years, I've lost my ambition to better myself. I'm kinda satisfied where I'm at, so I may as well just stay here... In a month, this will be the longest I've ever had any job, about the same as my 9 1/2 years working for the Milwaukee Brewers but that was seasonal so doesn't really count.

I was going to strive for that, then said screw it... I'll stay with my lower level position... I'm still overpaid for what I do. :lol

I'm approaching 10 years at my job, a job I intended to spend ONE year at. I never planned on making a career of it. But after 9 1/2 years, I've lost my ambition to better myself. I'm kinda satisfied where I'm at, so I may as well just stay here... In a month, this will be the longest I've ever had any job, about the same as my 9 1/2 years working for the Milwaukee Brewers but that was seasonal so doesn't really count.

Been at this job for 5 years and before that 13 years at my previous one. Been doing this since 95 while I was still... "In the Navy" (I know you all sang that!!!)

It's been a very good profession but it's getting to the point where I have to become more Operations oriented and let the kids do all the day to day stuff as they move way too fast and don't understand the business aspect of IT. Most are project oriented and don't have the long term knowledge of how businesses interact or the politics of business. These are things you learn over time and not in a month or two...

Expired. Must have just missed it... ;)

This August I will hit 13 years at my current company. Longest by far I've been anywhere...and the way things are, I am putting feelers out to find a new place to be. Anyone need a Senior Unix/Linux Admin with SAN and VMware experiece?

Still retaining a lot of fluid. Most of each day is spent couch-bound or I would be posting.

This August I will hit 13 years at my current company. Longest by far I've been anywhere...and the way things are, I am putting feelers out to find a new place to be. Anyone need a Senior Unix/Linux Admin with SAN and VMware experiece?

You should be able to find something easy in PA. I get recruited all the time in the Pittsburgh area. I'm still on headhunter lists as I almost moved there and did a bunch of interviews in the area before moving to MI instead.

You should be able to find something easy in PA. I get recruited all the time in the Pittsburgh area. I'm still on headhunter lists as I almost moved there and did a bunch of interviews in the area before moving to MI instead.

I'm in the other side of the state, Philly area. Over the past couple of years, I've gotten contacted by various headhunters, but they were all looking to fill jobs that are for lesser experienced people, at significantly lower salary than I am at.

Back