Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My audience clapped too. Was a good theater experience. I’m still at a 6.5 /10. I was really wanting
Spoiler Spoiler:

My audience clapped too. Was a good theater experience. I’m still at a 6.5 /10. I was really wanting
Spoiler Spoiler:
The Last Jedi spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The best cinema reaction I've ever been a part of was Braveheart. The whole theater stood in a standing ovation at the end. It was amazing.

The Last Jedi spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The audience went nuts clapping and cheering during
Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks for the spoiler tags gents. I probably won't get out to see the new SW movie until next week.

The audience went nuts clapping and cheering during
Spoiler Spoiler:
The Last Jedi spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just got home.......

Solid 8/10.
What a great fun adventure....nice to have something to enjoy at this moment in history. It was not mired down in darkness or took itself to seriously..... great night out with the family.

My cinema was applauding at the end...and some real genuine laughs and gasps ......

The neck beards will hate it of course....its become fashionable to hate on Star Wars again... (like the late 80's early 90's).

The only parts I didn't like....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just got home.......

Solid 8/10.
What a great fun adventure....nice to have something to enjoy at this moment in history. It was not mired down in darkness or took itself to seriously..... great night out with the family.

My cinema was applauding at the end...and some real genuine laughs and gasps ......

The neck beards will hate it of course....its become fashionable to hate on Star Wars again... (like the late 80's early 90's).

Spoiler Spoiler:

I watched it tonight and I really enjoyed it also. It was not what i was expecting and i think that is what made it great (IMO). i have seen every single Star Wars film on the weekend of release since 77 and this one very suprisingly probably had my favorite scene.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I will go watch it again over the next couple of days

Not really sure where to begin with this movie.
I definitely have mixed feelings. There were an equal number of scenes that I thought were outstanding compared to those that I think were stupid.
Overall, I did enjoy the ride and my rating could possibly change with repeat viewing. For now it's a 7/10.

For the sake of comparison, here is how I rank the other episodes:

A New Hope = 9.5/10
Empire Strikes Back = 9.5/10
Rogue One = 9/10
Force Awakens = 8.5/10
Return of the Jedi = 8/10
Revenge of the Sith = 6.5/10
Attack of the Clones = 5/10
The Phantom Menace = Pee yousa/10

I have seen every single Star Wars film on the weekend of release since 77 and this one very suprisingly probably had my favorite scene.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Last Jedi spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Not really sure where to begin with this movie.
I definitely have mixed feelings. There were an equal number of scenes that I thought were outstanding compared to those that I think were stupid.
Overall, I did enjoy the ride and my rating could possibly change with repeat viewing. For now it's a 7/10.

For the sake of comparison, here is how I rank the other episodes:

A New Hope = 9.5/10
Empire Strikes Back = 9.5/10
Rogue One = 9/10
Force Awakens = 8.5/10
Return of the Jedi = 8/10
Revenge of the Sith = 6.5/10
Attack of the Clones = 5/10
The Phantom Menace = Pee yousa/10

My ranking would be close to the same as yours but i would rank TLJ over force awakens.

Not intending to start a debate, but I give Empire Strikes Back a 10/10. It barely edges out A New Hope in my top ten favorites of all time.

Of course, I’m also “That Guy” who likes The Phantom Menace a little more than Attack of The Clones. Somehow, for me, Episode 2 is at the bottom of that list even though I’m one of the only people I know who actually likes it... er... parts of it.

Just got home.......

Solid 8/10.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I watched it tonight and I really enjoyed it also. It was not what i was expecting and i think that is what made it great (IMO). i have seen every single Star Wars film on the weekend of release since 77 and this one very suprisingly probably had my favorite scene.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I will go watch it again over the next couple of days

Agreed.

Here's the problem I have with that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

That entire sequence appeared to be thrown together at the last minute. As if the writers threw it in there because they felt the need to have more elements to this movie. All it really did was deviate away from the main plot and took up too much time. Similar to the pod races in Episode I.

It felt extremely, ahemmm... forced.

My ranking would be close to the same as yours but i would rank TLJ over force awakens.

Glad to see someone else who appreciated the darker tone of Rogue One. For me, that movie was much needed in this franchise.
I love the story. Great writing, acting, and what they did with Vader was awesome! :duff

For me the FA fulfilled a lot of nostalgic feelings. After 30+ years, seeing Leia, Han, Chewie, Luke, R2, 3PO, and the Falcon again for the first time was emotional.

Not intending to start a debate, but I give Empire Strikes Back a 10/10. It barely edges out A New Hope in my top ten favorites of all time.

Absolutely! I would also give ESB a 10/10 (along with ANH), but I have convinced myself that 10/10 implies a perfect movie where there are no faults and there is no such movie, in my opinion.

So basically, my 9.5/10 rating is the highest rating I will ever give any movie. :D :hi5:

Glad to see someone else who appreciated the darker tone of Rogue One. For me, that movie was much needed in this franchise.
I love the story. Great writing, acting, and what they did with Vader was awesome! :duff

For me the FA fulfilled a lot of nostalgic feelings. After 30+ years, seeing Leia, Han, Chewie, Luke, R2, 3PO, and the Falcon again for the first time was emotional.

There was a lot of nostalgic feelings with FA with me also. When the falcon was 1st shown on screen out of the corner of my eye i saw my girlfriend look at me with a big smile on her face because she knew how excited i was to see that ship on screen again.
If they did not have the Mega Death Star in FA awakens it would move up over TlJ but i was a little disappointed that they did not do something different.

Back