Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

I was just released 20 minutes ago. I need to see a G.I. I think his name is Joe. But that appointment isn't until the 18th... So basically, they don't know what's what. I had a chest x-ray. They scanned my cat. Monitored my heart. Everything looked normal. So they think it's the esophagus. Gave me some acid blocker meds, and sent me on my way...

My initial, semi-professional guess would be that your stomach produced a lot of acid (not sure of trigger), which got into your esophagus and caused the Vagus nerves to get burned. Sometimes this makes one feel like having asthmatic symptoms. It may be something else but that was my first thought. No history of autoimmune disease in family Hx?

My initial, semi-professional guess would be that your stomach produced a lot of acid (not sure of trigger), which got into your esophagus and caused the Vagus nerves to get burned. Sometimes this makes one feel like having asthmatic symptoms. It may be something else but that was my first thought. No history of autoimmune disease in family Hx?
I do have asthma, but there were no asthmatic symptoms with this... And no history of autoimmune. However, both of my parents and sister have GERD, so it could be that...

Do you by chance have eosinophilic esophagitis??? I suspect I do, but have never been diagnosed...

I have a hernia and gastritis and stuff ( esophagitis yeah i think) . Im always having to take omeprazole and ive had heart scares that were nothing. EKG shows normal but ive had scary sharp pains before.
Ive had to quit some foods and cant really eat fruits. It sucks.

I have a hernia and gastritis and stuff ( esophagitis yeah i think) . Im always having to take omeprazole and ive had heart scares that were nothing. EKG shows normal but ive had scary sharp pains before.
Ive had to quit some foods and cant really eat fruits. It sucks.
I have a feeling I may need to quit some foods as well. We shall see...

That would certainly explain it! Tightness in the chest. It didn't feel like a heart attack, but something was definitely wrong. Happened last night. Ate some split pea soup, then couldn't eat anything else. I felt nauseous, somewhat dizzy, was sweating profused, burbing up acid like crazy, and had the tightness. Took some antacids, thinking it was heartburn, but it never went away. This morning, my Dad convinced me to go to the ER...

:lol

Sucks man. An all too familiar sight for me. Did the doctors figure it out? My experience has been they never figure out what's wrong just run a ton of expensive tests, send you home with meds to treat the symptoms, then send you a big bill. I'm sitting about $6k worth of bills just for kidney stones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet, just saw that I was a winner in the Pumpkin Contest! :yess:

2 years in a row baby! :lol :wink1:

Edit: Looks like my sister's pumpkin was a winner too! :clap

Sucks man. An all too familiar sight for me. Did the doctors figure it out? My experience has been they never figure out what's wrong just run a ton of expensive tests, send you home with meds to treat the symptoms, then send you a big bill. I'm sitting about $6k worth of bills just for kidney stones.

The only way i was able to handle kidney stones was a little bit of apple cider vinegar in water. Doctors say that doesnt do anything and might even be a placebo effect but all i know is that the pain stopped and the stone disappeared. I really dont know. Doctor said vinegar wouldnt hurt my stomach or esophagus in water. All i know is that the extreme pain went away

Kenbenobi get better man. If those beta blocker meds they gave you work maybe it's not GERD.
Keep us posted. Glad you're home.

Congrats to the recent winners!
The Freaks are still winning prizes. That's awesome!

Punkg42 your prize is on the way!

Congrats Vander!!!

Turns out, by some work of sorcery I can only think, I won the Lady Death from last weeks Sideshow Live contest....so, I guess you can say I won a FB contest, and a site contest, all in one. Maybe miracles do happen. ;) Lol!

Thanks. I was just dropping in to share the news. Got a Red Ninja! :D
Nice! Congrat!!!

Where are they announcing the contest winners Ken?
They are tweeting the winners on Twitter. Since I follow Grizz, I saw his tweet. But if you looked at "tweets & replies" for @collectsideshow you can see them all.

On Instagram, I think you have to go into each contest to see the winners...

YIKES! They did a lot of tests on me today. I'm scared of that bill... My dad said he'll help me out tho, since he convinced me to go...

Congrats! What did you guys win?

Congrats Vander!!!

Turns out, by some work of sorcery I can only think, I won the Lady Death from last weeks Sideshow Live contest....so, I guess you can say I won a FB contest, and a site contest, all in one. Maybe miracles do happen. ;) Lol!
Oh wow, awesome prize!!! So that's 4 Freaks from this thread who won something so far (the above 3, plus Theo). I won't count Punk's book, since it wasn't really a contest, and a smaller prize... Hopefully more to come?

Congrats Vander!!!

It was fun hearing your name

Back